Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
amnesia : the dark descent low fps
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: amnesia : the dark descent low fps

Disable SSAO, Parallax and Anti-Aliasing.
Set SSAO-Samples to 4.
Set SSAO-Quality and Resolution to low.
Set Shadow-Quality and Resolution to low.
Disable V-Sync.
05-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Find
mustafa4734 Offline

Threads: 3

(05-11-2011, 03:02 AM)Neosporin Wrote: I know you hate to hear it, but I think it might be time for an upgrade. The video card you have is about 6 years old. Not only that, but it's an entry level version of the card, which means it wasn't even meant for gaming in the first place, especially half a decade into the future.

Also, you didn't list your processor.

I think if you have lowered and disabled most of the options and you still can't get it to run smoothly, you might be out of luck. Just because it runs on OpenGL doesn't mean it will run on any machine, it's a new game and you're not going to be able to play with that PC forever Tongue

I know it sucks to hear it, but I was in the same boat. Tweaking and lowering until it was playable. I finally broke down and saved up enough for a decent computer and I'm glad I did. Not only are games playable, they also don't look like mushroom soup mixed with vomit.

For what it's worth, I think it's rude to assume someone else's financial situation and I apologize if I do offend by suggesting an upgrade, but I used to have that card in this old computer I had. It's the reason I upgraded XD

friend, in 'canyourunit' site is passed with highly, and my computer run the game which graphic is better than Amnesia with good fps.I dont understand much about drivers or programs in pc xD. but if it works, I can put ss of ' canyourunit' and you can see, all of drivers passed. and thanks for took your time to read my help Wink
(05-11-2011, 11:28 AM)Googolplex Wrote: Disable SSAO, Parallax and Anti-Aliasing.
Set SSAO-Samples to 4.
Set SSAO-Quality and Resolution to low.
Set Shadow-Quality and Resolution to low.
Disable V-Sync.

I did everything you can imagine. everythings is close or low Sad
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2011, 01:56 PM by mustafa4734.)
05-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Find
Ocean112 Offline

Threads: 5

Canyourunit usually passes me for most games yet sometimes i still cant run them xD so i run doom3 on high to except bit jumpy xD and i also ran penumbra series but with bit of lag my guess is that the cpu or something isn't good enough if you could tell me that i could analyse your problem Wink also just to be certain when you upgraded drivers did you delete you ones you currently hav??
05-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Find
mustafa4734 Offline

Threads: 3

(05-11-2011, 06:01 PM)Ocean112 Wrote: Canyourunit usually passes me for most games yet sometimes i still cant run them xD so i run doom3 on high to except bit jumpy xD and i also ran penumbra series but with bit of lag my guess is that the cpu or something isn't good enough if you could tell me that i could analyse your problem Wink also just to be certain when you upgraded drivers did you delete you ones you currently hav??

Minimum System Requirements For Mac OS X
Processor: 2.0Ghz
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: Radeon 9600/GeForce 4 (GeForce4MX not supported)
Hard Drive: 2GB space free

it is minimum system requirements of Amnesia.
and here is my Pc.
Processor : 2.99 Ghz - 3.00 Ghz (pentium® 4
Memory : 1 GB RAM
Graphics : Nvidia GeForce 7100 GS
Hard Drive : 6 GB space free

I had upgraded my graphic driver 4-5 days ago.
I will be thankful for any helps ^^
05-11-2011, 07:22 PM
Find
Ocean112 Offline

Threads: 5

http://www.osoo.co.uk/Gigabyte_GVNX71G51...12%29.aspx

is that ur graphics card and im on itel celeron d so yours should run way faster than mine urrm i had my pc all reset then installed the drivers again then came across this game and turned down grpahics to get 10-15fps so kinda laggy but playablish Wink
05-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Find