Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Development Team
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65
Development Team

Well, I've been thinking about creating a development team to create quality custom stories. I'm not sure yet if I attempt to do this or not, but I'd like to know who supports this idea.

Important Note: I'm taking in consideration that this is allowed, otherwise this will not happen.

Important Note: If I start with this team it will not work by any means as a paid job. It will be done by people who find amusement in this matter and want to extent the content of amnesia with quality.

Please discuss the idea.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
05-16-2011, 02:01 PM
Find
Deu sex Offline

Threads: 26
RE: Development Team

I'm following you as soon as I'll know how to code correctly, because honestly despite of my videogame programming school, I suck in C and C++ (especially C++) -_-'

Not that I'm so bad, but I just started C++ 2 month ago ! So I've got a serious lack of skill and experience...

But when Frictional Games will bring out their next game, I'll do what it takes to be ready for the new SDK ( if there is one, but I'm sure Wink )

And then, I'll be very interested into building free custom stories. Your idea is exellent !

And what about ONE big fan 'modders' group, like "Frictional Games Fanmods Community" ? (the name is just an example ^^) and several free projects (every group will be able to do what they want) for some groups of 'modders' INSIDE the community,
instead of everyone in every direction... I think we should give a united image of us.

what do you think of that ?

Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2011, 06:41 PM by Deu sex.)
05-16-2011, 06:38 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

I only work as a team or alone. Working other ways doesn't work quite well. I've tried. I want to hear more opinions anyway-

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
05-16-2011, 07:13 PM
Find
Deu sex Offline

Threads: 26

that's what I'm talking about, I was just speaking of representing the community on a single website or something, but to work as a single team with a unique project, not to 'supervise' different projects and work with different teams.

You know, like a modding portal, and we will be just a part of. Useful if other teams want to develop other projects too, to represent the modding community as a single portal, and not on 15 different websites.

but maybe thats what you understood :/ ^^ I suck at english forgive me ^^
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2011, 07:26 PM by Deu sex.)
05-16-2011, 07:23 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Nevermind. I misunderstood you.
If I'm to make a team I'd need:
-A modeler/animator(Maya)
-Someone who could PS the textures.
-Someone responsible for the sound(I like Sony Sound Forge but w.e.)´
-Someone who can actually add natives to the game engine and tweak it as needed.

05-16-2011, 07:37 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

(05-16-2011, 07:13 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: I only work as a team or alone.

I have no choice but to agree with you.
05-16-2011, 08:17 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

(05-16-2011, 08:17 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote:
(05-16-2011, 07:13 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: I only work as a team or alone.

I have no choice but to agree with you.
Once I was developing a FO3 mod and so I decided to let the modders help me with their content. Result: The mod wasn't released because everyone decided the mod was his, even after giving mepermission to use their content.
Another example is when I was the owner of a sa-mp roleplay community, we were accepting the players maps and PS images. Result, they would report us for using their content when they decided to leave the community.

And there are some more examples of that, so this is something I am absolutely certain about. The more outsiders you rely on, the more problems you'll get

05-16-2011, 08:48 PM
Find