Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
MAKING A CUSTOM STORY? READ ME - FROM FRICTIONAL
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

Threads: 18
RE: MAKING A CUSTOM STORY? READ ME - FROM FRICTIONAL

Just finished adding tetris. When it gets through authorisation I will get around to releasing a little addition before the end of the week.
Quote:Exams for me... so...
Same here, but there is no way my current project could be close to finished in the upcoming week even without exams, so I really hope there is a second one if this one goes well! Smile
05-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

Competition he? ITS ON BABY!!!
05-23-2011, 07:10 PM
Website Find
TFEF Offline

Threads: 0

Actually, I really like this idea. It gives custom story creators a bit of an incentive for their work.

I wish the deadline was a bit further away. Final exams are coming up for me, and if I want to release my custom story in time, I'll have to spend a lot of time out of school to work on it. I would suggest a deadline of late June/early-mid July. Marching band practice starts in late June, so it would give me and others a bit more time to work and release.
05-23-2011, 07:18 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(05-23-2011, 07:18 PM)TFEF Wrote: Actually, I really like this idea. It gives custom story creators a bit of an incentive for their work.

I wish the deadline was a bit further away. Final exams are coming up for me, and if I want to release my custom story in time, I'll have to spend a lot of time out of school to work on it. I would suggest a deadline of late June/early-mid July. Marching band practice starts in late June, so it would give me and others a bit more time to work and release.

i agree... same thing here :/ last works, tests and exames of the year and i just can't go down right now... if it was a summer contest but i mean the whole summer so we have time to make the best customs story ever it would be BEUTIFUL... frictional games please concider that idea
05-23-2011, 07:43 PM
Website Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13

Bumping this so more people notice it Smile
05-29-2011, 03:34 AM
Find
TFEF Offline

Threads: 0

I just had a bit of an idea.

Jens/other FG members are going to be playing these custom stories and rating them, right? Would it be possible to livestream playing the custom stories? I'd love to see you guys playing Amnesia, not knowing what will happen. Big Grin
05-30-2011, 09:19 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

I'd like to see Thomas playing Tetris one Big Grin

05-31-2011, 12:03 AM
Website Find
Jayvee17 Offline

Threads: 6

(05-18-2011, 07:57 AM)Russ Money Wrote:
(05-18-2011, 07:47 AM)jens Wrote: Hey!

If you are making a custom story, make sure to add it to moddb.com it is a huge site for modifications and addons made for games. They have 2 million or so visitors every month and they will let you make full pages presenting your work. So you can include screens, videos and what not.

You will get A LOT more people playing your work if you add it:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/add

To the point. We then noticed that many stories are not on the site. So please add your stories to their site so that people can play, discuss and rate the stories. In the next week or so we would like to run a little competition (with modest, but exclusive prizes) for best custom stories.

On man, White Night would win any category. Just look at that thing.

Also, Jens speaks the truth, La Caza's had over 1,500 downloads, pretty happy about that seeing as La Caza's been my first ever mod/project.

Yeah You're Right!!! White Night Rocks!!
05-31-2011, 04:04 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

A little bump as next week we'll try and have a little competition.

Great to see many mods added to moddb!
06-08-2011, 12:00 PM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

(06-08-2011, 12:00 PM)jens Wrote: A little bump as next week we'll try and have a little competition.

Great to see many mods added to moddb!

I hope there will be more of these in the future so that the amazing White Night from Tanshaydar can be included as well something else I started working on.

(05-30-2011, 09:19 PM)TFEF Wrote: I just had a bit of an idea.

Jens/other FG members are going to be playing these custom stories and rating them, right? Would it be possible to livestream playing the custom stories? I'd love to see you guys playing Amnesia, not knowing what will happen.

I agree, that would be very nice! Smile
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2011, 03:08 PM by plutomaniac.)
06-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Find