Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
MAKING A CUSTOM STORY? READ ME - FROM FRICTIONAL
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Heart  MAKING A CUSTOM STORY? READ ME - FROM FRICTIONAL

edit--
The competition has started: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/ann...ent-5.html
--edit

Hey!

If you are making a custom story, make sure to add it to moddb.com it is a huge site for modifications and addons made for games. They have 2 million or so visitors every month and they will let you make full pages presenting your work. So you can include screens, videos and what not.

You will get A LOT more people playing your work if you add it:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/add

To the point. We then noticed that many stories are not on the site. So please add your stories to their site so that people can play, discuss and rate the stories. In two weeks time or so (will post a final deadline later) we would like to run a little competition (with modest, but exclusive prizes) for best custom stories.
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2011, 06:48 AM by jens.)
05-18-2011, 07:47 AM
Website Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
RE: MAKING A CUSTOM STORY? READ ME - FROM FRICTIONAL

Yay! A little competition sounds awesome! I'd love to submit my work and see the best of what other modders can do Big Grin

05-18-2011, 07:55 AM
Find
Russ Money Offline

Threads: 25

(05-18-2011, 07:47 AM)jens Wrote: Hey!

If you are making a custom story, make sure to add it to moddb.com it is a huge site for modifications and addons made for games. They have 2 million or so visitors every month and they will let you make full pages presenting your work. So you can include screens, videos and what not.

To the point. We then noticed that many stories are not on the site. So please add your stories to their site so that people can play, discuss and rate the stories. In the next week or so we would like to run a little competition (with modest, but exclusive prizes) for best custom stories.

On man, White Night would win any category. Just look at that thing.

Also, Jens speaks the truth, La Caza's had over 1,500 downloads, pretty happy about that seeing as La Caza's been my first ever mod/project.

(This post was last modified: 05-18-2011, 08:57 AM by Russ Money.)
05-18-2011, 07:57 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

Are there any more competitions planned afterwards? *still developing Sad*

05-18-2011, 07:58 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

I think we will aim for a deadline 2-3 weeks from now, so you have time to work on custom stories. We might do more later on if there is an interest!
05-18-2011, 08:05 AM
Website Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

Oh, I don't think you understand... uh.. my full conversion will be longer than Amnesia itself :O I plan on working on it the whole summer.

05-18-2011, 08:06 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

(05-18-2011, 08:06 AM)xiphirx Wrote: Oh, I don't think you understand... uh.. my full conversion will be longer than Amnesia itself :O I plan on working on it the whole summer.

Amnesia is 8 hours of gameplay; at least it was for me....that sounds like one heck of a story haha.

05-18-2011, 09:15 AM
Find
Rownbear Offline

Threads: 13

Awesome! my story might be ready to partipate! Big Grin Hope this will become something that happen more often in the future Smile

05-18-2011, 09:33 AM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

(05-18-2011, 07:47 AM)jens Wrote: Hey!

To the point. We then noticed that many stories are not on the site. So please add your stories to their site so that people can play, discuss and rate the stories. In two weeks time or so (will post a final deadline later) we would like to run a little competition (with modest, but exclusive prizes) for best custom stories.
EDIT: Me says: "I actually hate the comunity owners but whatever." - I mean Mod db ones.
I actually hate the comunity owners but whatever.

To develop a serious custom story you certainly need more than 2 weeks btw. Just for modelling I need that time so I can create some serious sh*t.

But good initiative anyways.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2011, 02:01 PM by nemesis567.)
05-18-2011, 02:00 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

This is not for stories starting from scratch, it's for those that already exists and if the makers want they have 2 or so weeks to polish them.
05-18-2011, 02:11 PM
Website Find