Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.22 Average
Professor Brislows Castle
Rownbear Offline

Threads: 13
Brick  Professor Brislows Castle

Hello all, I present to you my first custom story. [Professor Brislows Castle].

"You are hunting for the strange and wicked and you come by a rumor of a castle where once a crazed professor lived and experimented. You walk inside the castle and the decayed floor fails underneath you, and you fall down into the darkness."

Here's some screenshots:
Spoiler below!

[Image: 2011-05-18_00001.jpg]
[Image: 2011-05-18_00004.jpg]
[Image: 2011-08-21_00008.jpg]
[Image: 2011-08-21_00007.jpg]

!DEMO REMOVED UNTIL RELEASE!

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2011, 06:04 PM by Rownbear.)
05-18-2011, 04:42 PM
Find
bobbo Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Professor Brislows Castle, Demo out!

Cool, I'll try it later tonight.
05-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Find
betafotball Offline

Hi, I have just played your demo and I think it is very good. It got a interesting story but what makes it so good is the atmosphere you have created. Especially the doors in the studyquaters. The constant creaky sounds they make are awesome. I have not been that freaked out in a while and it felt good to be back to where you carefully peek around every door and corner. Keep working and I would be glad to play the whole story.

Finally I have one small bug report: When you leave the castlebasement there is a small room and after that there is a bigger room. In there hangs a big painting of Alexander. If you look at it with your lantern lit it will become pitch black.

My name is Legion, for we are many
05-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Find
Rownbear Offline

(05-18-2011, 05:18 PM)betafotball Wrote: Hi, I have just played your demo and I think it is very good. It got a interesting story but what makes it so good is the atmosphere you have created. Especially the doors in the studyquaters. The constant creaky sounds they make are awesome. I have not been that freaked out in a while and it felt good to be back to where you carefully peek around every door and corner. Keep working and I would be glad to play the whole story.

Finally I have one small bug report: When you leave the castlebasement there is a small room and after that there is a bigger room. In there hangs a big painting of Alexander. If you look at it with your lantern lit it will become pitch black.

Hey! Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad I managed to create some creepy atmosphere, I love hearing that Big Grin I hope to get it finished in not a too long time and make it even more scary Smile

05-18-2011, 05:30 PM
Find
R0ccy Offline

Threads: 0

I Heart your custom story.
Spoiler below!
I got so scared when I saw this dead man on the couch and the hallucination with the grunt... Wink
And the atmosphere was just scary ... Tongue
But I found the bug with the painting of the ''Monster Alexander'' , too , it's pitch-black , please fix it , but overall it was a very good custom story!
Keep up the good work or a brute will come and kill you Big Grin *joke*
05-18-2011, 05:50 PM
Find
Rownbear Offline

(05-18-2011, 05:50 PM)R0ccy Wrote: I Heart your custom story.
And the atmosphere was just scary ... Tongue
But I found the bug with the painting of the ''Monster Alexander'' , too , it's pitch-black , please fix it , but overall it was a very good custom story!
Keep up the good work or a brute will come and kill you Big Grin *joke*

Hey, thanks for the feedback I Heart that x) I looked into the bug and I think I got it fixed I think I'll just put in some more details here and there then I'll upload the fix

05-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Find
betafotball Offline

Hey again. Got a small bug report again. Sorry about that.
In the rehabilitation room. If you jump into the crater thing with the dead people you see right through the walls. On the outside it looks normal.
I hid in there when the servants started to mess about.

My name is Legion, for we are many
05-18-2011, 06:29 PM
Find
Rownbear Offline

(05-18-2011, 06:29 PM)betafotball Wrote: Hey again. Got a small bug report again. Sorry about that.
In the rehabilitation room. If you jump into the crater thing with the dead people you see right through the walls. On the outside it looks normal.
I hid in there when the servants started to mess about.

Ah thanks, I'll look into that aswell! Smile

05-18-2011, 06:53 PM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

Nice, Ill try it out!
05-18-2011, 07:43 PM
Website Find
bobbo Offline

I have just finished it.

Spoiler below!
I liked that there were some levers instead of too many keys (although the way they were arranged it was lever, lever, crowbar, key, key, I think, maybe that could be mixed a bit in a futere map). I also liked the grunt hiding in that room in the basement. I lured him out and the chase was an intense moment, but I was a bit disappointed that it served no purpose because there was nothing important hidden in his room.

What I didn't like was that picking up a key meant insta-spawning a monster. To me that was not scary but a bit boring. The hallucinated grunt didn't scare me either: He spawned just too near to my position to be real. Unfortunately, the water chase wasn't very scary: The way it was set up I could clearly feel that the monster wasn't close to me, I was able walk the last part to the door. I don't know how those functions work, but maybe the beast can be made faster?
05-18-2011, 08:39 PM
Find