Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Hello I'm a modeller
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Hello I'm a modeller

I was curious, good sir!

I am not a modder by any means, but I would find something like this to be quite interesting to be in a custom story as a lurking foe that you never encounter, but only see from time to time (think, if you've played Half Life, G Man).

This is something I doodled a few months ago, but I think you get the idea from it: http://pencilmadness.com/sketch/show/9313

A completely blank humanoid figure with elongated, thin limbs and no facial features. My inspiration for this comes from the classic internet myth Slender Man, examples being: http://www.mythicalcreaturesguide.com/page/Slender+Man

Just a mere thought I had if you were thinking for something a bit different! I don't think it'd have nearly the right affect if it were a real monster, but more of something the player could see from time to time to help build some tension as it walks by a window outside as its shadow is cast or something the like.

Though with that said, I love what you've done so far! Keep up the wonderful work!

05-25-2011, 04:50 PM
Find
Simpanra Offline

Threads: 28

Just a random idea, but who else thinks it would be creepy seeing a Big Daddy walking around a lonely castle? =D
05-25-2011, 04:56 PM
Find
vcplz Offline

Threads: 3

(05-25-2011, 04:56 PM)Simpanra Wrote: Just a random idea, but who else thinks it would be creepy seeing a Big Daddy walking around a lonely castle? =D

it would be cool if he was the guy that was there but you never got to encounter like he breaks walls and causes the rocks to fall and block hallways and such like that
05-25-2011, 08:38 PM
Find
Hermoor Offline

Threads: 8

Many of those requests just require a retexture of the zombie that is already in the game I think. Since they have very similar shape. Anyway here is a small update to the horseman.
[Image: hbhu.png]
05-25-2011, 09:13 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(05-25-2011, 04:50 PM)Cryaotic Wrote: I was curious, good sir!

I am not a modder by any means, but I would find something like this to be quite interesting to be in a custom story as a lurking foe that you never encounter, but only see from time to time (think, if you've played Half Life, G Man).

This is something I doodled a few months ago, but I think you get the idea from it: http://pencilmadness.com/sketch/show/9313

A completely blank humanoid figure with elongated, thin limbs and no facial features. My inspiration for this comes from the classic internet myth Slender Man, examples being: http://www.mythicalcreaturesguide.com/page/Slender+Man

Just a mere thought I had if you were thinking for something a bit different! I don't think it'd have nearly the right affect if it were a real monster, but more of something the player could see from time to time to help build some tension as it walks by a window outside as its shadow is cast or something the like.

Though with that said, I love what you've done so far! Keep up the wonderful work!

If any game could do the Slender Man well, it would be Amnesia. Definitely worth pursuing. Big Grin

[Image: signature-2.png]
05-25-2011, 09:30 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(05-25-2011, 09:13 PM)Hermoor Wrote: Many of those requests just require a retexture of the zombie that is already in the game I think. Since they have very similar shape. Anyway here is a small update to the horseman.
[Image: hbhu.png]

hmm... looks good Big Grin but two things... first could you try to make a visceral like transition betewem the horse's skin and its skull? instead of it just be skin and bone... second has he dosn't have fingers on its fet... could you instead make him some kind of shoes like? in the monster's right foot from my drawing?
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2011, 09:38 PM by Danny Boy.)
05-25-2011, 09:37 PM
Website Find
Hermoor Offline

Ok here is latest version, I added some stitches and some blood where the skull connects to the fur. Anyway I think the main problem with the texture right now is that it's very...uncontrast. It's all very foggy, it needs more black!
[Image: namnlsen.png]
05-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

(05-25-2011, 10:36 PM)Hermoor Wrote: Ok here is latest version, I added some stitches and some blood where the skull connects to the fur. Anyway I think the main problem with the texture right now is that it's very...uncontrast. It's all very foggy, it needs more black!
[Image: namnlsen.png]

well i do have photoshop so i will give some twicks on the texture and most likely add a normal map (if you don't know how to do it) and specular map

EDIT: but its realy AWSOME! how much time will it take to finishe it?
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2011, 11:14 PM by Danny Boy.)
05-25-2011, 10:59 PM
Website Find
Hermoor Offline

Ok added more black to it, looks much better now.
[Image: namnlsfg.png]
A normal map has to be sculpted, it's only procedural textures or stuff like grass and rock etc that can be generated in photoshop. If you want I can send you the model and texture like it is now, and you could add in the last stuff yourself...it's tedious work :p But if not I can finish it...he still needs wounds and stuff.
EDIT: also the texture has to be cleaned up, I think it might be finished tomorrow...
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2011, 11:41 PM by Hermoor.)
05-25-2011, 11:37 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

(05-25-2011, 11:37 PM)Hermoor Wrote: Ok added more black to it, looks much better now.
[Image: namnlsfg.png]
A normal map has to be sculpted, it's only procedural textures or stuff like grass and rock etc that can be generated in photoshop. If you want I can send you the model and texture like it is now, and you could add in the last stuff yourself...it's tedious work :p But if not I can finish it...he still needs wounds and stuff.
EDIT: also the texture has to be cleaned up, I think it might be finished tomorrow...

well that depends... if its texture simetrical (like if i had something on one side will also affect the opossite one) that could be problamatic :/ because for example... i want to add some asimetrical woonds... will that be possible?

EDIT: well i do have a friend of mine that has just started to learn how to use Zbrush...mybe i could ask him for some help whit normal maps :/
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2011, 12:21 AM by Danny Boy.)
05-26-2011, 12:14 AM
Website Find