Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Troubleshooting Guide - Look here before posting!
RainxOcampo Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago [split] Troubleshooting Guide - Look here before posting!

Everytime i try to run Amnesia Justine and Amnesia The Dark Descent i get a box called the BlackBox and it says, "Amensia.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module Amnesia.exe at 0023:0056A1A3"

what should i do?
05-16-2011, 02:44 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Troubleshooting Guide - Look here before posting!

(05-16-2011, 02:44 AM)RainxOcampo Wrote: Everytime i try to run Amnesia Justine and Amnesia The Dark Descent i get a box called the BlackBox and it says, "Amensia.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module Amnesia.exe at 0023:0056A1A3"

what should i do?

Quote:Problem X: Problem is not covered above!!
Create a new post in the correct "Technical Support" forum (mac and linux user take extra notice here!). Make sure to name your topic properly, and describe as detailed as possible your problem.
Also state what OS version you are using and finally attach the hpl.log, found in Main/MainDemo in save folder, file to the post.
Important note: Make sure the log file is really in the save folder and not in the same folder as Amnesia.exe and other files.

Save folders:
Windows: "My Documents/Amnesia/"
Linux: ".frictionalgames/Amnesia/"
Mac: "Library/Application Support/Frictional Games/Amnesia/"
05-16-2011, 09:01 AM
Find
ArcRifle6 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Troubleshooting Guide - Look here before posting!

Sorry if this has already been covered before and I didn't notice. My problem is every time I try to start it up, I can get to the first screen (The one which has the graphics and sound options and the launch button) but when I click launch a program pops up called BlackBox that says:

!!!GAME HAS CRASHED!!! READ THIS:
Something is wroooooong
If all fails go to support.frictionalgames.com for more info

and then below that is a box titled "Exception Reason" and in the box:
Amnesia.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module
Amnesia.exe at 001B:00000000

I use Windows XP
05-17-2011, 11:50 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

(05-17-2011, 11:50 AM)ArcRifle6 Wrote: Sorry if this has already been covered before and I didn't notice. My problem is every time I try to start it up, I can get to the first screen (The one which has the graphics and sound options and the launch button) but when I click launch a program pops up called BlackBox that says:

!!!GAME HAS CRASHED!!! READ THIS:
Something is wroooooong
If all fails go to support.frictionalgames.com for more info

and then below that is a box titled "Exception Reason" and in the box:
Amnesia.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module
Amnesia.exe at 001B:00000000

I use Windows XP

guys not here:

Quote:Problem X: Problem is not covered above!!
Create a new post in the correct "Technical Support" forum (mac and linux user take extra notice here!). Make sure to name your topic properly, and describe as detailed as possible your problem.
Also state what OS version you are using and finally attach the hpl.log, found in Main/MainDemo in save folder, file to the post.
Important note: Make sure the log file is really in the save folder and not in the same folder as Amnesia.exe and other files.

Save folders:
Windows: "My Documents/Amnesia/"
Linux: ".frictionalgames/Amnesia/"
Mac: "Library/Application Support/Frictional Games/Amnesia/"
05-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Find
CaptainMarko Offline

Threads: 0

My problem is not covered. I have a copy from Steam and it will not create any game saves.

I had played the demo before, from steam, and it worked fine. Then I bought the game and it wouldn't save.

I deleted the save files directory and the game will not create a new one.
I have uninstalled the game twice already.

I would include a log file, but I don't have one to provide.
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2011, 05:38 AM by CaptainMarko.)
05-20-2011, 05:38 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: [split] Troubleshooting Guide - Look here before posting!

Delete the whole Amnesia folder in My Documents and see if that helps. Sounds like a permission problem.
05-20-2011, 07:19 AM
Website Find