Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justine - Second Monster, Tips Needed
Maple Offline

Threads: 2
Justine - Second Monster, Tips Needed

I managed to make it to the second monster after exiting the back of the library, yet...

Spoiler below!
I continue to get trapped in the alcove with the potato sacks, and sometimes on the other side of the room (near the cave-in). I understand the creature is possibly blind (linking this to the fact Justine blinded one of her lovers), but don't want to take that chance. Anyway, I end up collapsing halfway to the opening opposite the doorway I entered...

Thanks in advance, help is always appreciated.
05-22-2011, 01:35 AM
Find
Oscar House Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Justine - Second Monster, Tips Needed

Try hugging the left wall and go to the bookcase. Wait for the monster to go past you and then sneak by. Only look at it if you need to know where it is.

[Image: 2exldzm.png]
05-22-2011, 06:16 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Spoiler below!
you mean the room where the torches go off? Well at first I had some difficulties there too but it turns out it is quite easy. When you enter the room run and go ahead and hide at some boxes before the small corridor that leads you to the next room from where the monster is coming. Let it pass and look at it only to see it is away from you and then go to the next room. Go straight ahead again to some chairs that seem to block the way there. There is a door there to continue. Run. I hope you get what I want to say.
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2011, 09:14 AM by plutomaniac.)
05-22-2011, 09:13 AM
Find
Maple Offline

OH, plutomaniac...I wish I had read your tip!

Spoiler below!
I wasn't expecting another room after going down the corridor! I thought the monster came from the doorway across from the one you enter the first room (when the lights go out), only to find out I was stuck in another alcoveSad. Then I snuck down the corridor only to find my self in the next big room, and quickly moved to the right (with door leading to Tunnels), I noticed the creature enter, so I thought I would just click on the door to leave - only to find out it was jammed! I turned around and the creature was heading in my direction! I guess the rattle of the door alerted its attention. Anyway I managed to sneak around to the doorway to the dungeon...now for the next partConfused...

I forgot to mention...

Spoiler below!
The biggest scare other than the creature heading towards me while at the Tunnels door, was when I was sneaking around and accidently slid the chair - while crouching - and the music changed...the horror!
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2011, 06:46 PM by Maple.)
05-22-2011, 06:43 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

You remembered I told you at the end without giving a reason, RUN! Well, it doesn't have to do with the monster. When you pass these chairs the music will start like you are in a small chaise. Doesn't matter what you do, the music will start. Actually this part is not scary. Now that you are in the Dungeon, this is horror! I'll give you a tip:

After the mechanics, Open, pass, Close, run, Close, run, Open, pass, Close, RUN!!!

Sorry if you now don't understand anything but you will!
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2011, 07:11 PM by plutomaniac.)
05-22-2011, 07:07 PM
Find
Maple Offline

WOW! I missed the inside lever to close the door (forever turning right not left!)...must restart - again.

Spoiler below!
By the way, did anyone know that you can re-trigger the first monster by heading back down the passage to the cell you started in?
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2011, 08:52 PM by Maple.)
05-22-2011, 08:51 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

(05-22-2011, 08:51 PM)Maple Wrote: WOW! I missed the inside lever to close the door (forever turning right not left!)...must restart - again.

Spoiler below!
By the way, did anyone know that you can re-trigger the first monster by heading back down the passage to the cell you started in?

Yes but it is not the same monster. In the cell area there are actually 4 monsters each appearing at different times. The first one is when the DLC starts and Justine is in the cell fainted. The second one is the one that walks in an underground level and doesn't even see you. The third one is waiting at the place where you find the Broken Ladder but waits there(not spawned yet) to spawn if you ever decide to go back to your starting cell. That's the monster you saw. The fourth one is the usual at the cells which is plot/script related.

Do you now get the hint?

Quote:After the mechanics, Open, pass, Close, run, Close, run, Open, pass, Close, RUN!!!

The part in Bold is required if you want to save the 3rd prisoner, the policeman.
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2011, 10:16 PM by plutomaniac.)
05-22-2011, 10:13 PM
Find
Maple Offline

Spoiler below!
I see...the only reason I noticed that the monster was possibly present, is because I had previously closed the door behind me, and after the monster departed - the door was open, meaning it had obviously left down that passage.

Somehow I find that the threat of a monster waiting at the site of the broken ladder unsettling. I shall never look at the beginning of the game the same way.

On another note - I did understand what you meant by Close the door, but my constant "need" to go right all the time caused me, in my panic, to fail noticing the switch on the left...

Again, thanks for the hint though, its just up to me to utilize it properly.

I managed to finish the game, but nearly got held-up with the cog wheel. I was looking for a spot by the door, not a completely different room.

This leads me to a question about the monsters. Can they break down the doors after a set period of time, or is this only triggered when the cog wheel is put in place? Opening the door in the second room? I skipped saving the third prisoner (I will go back and try this), and noticed that the moment I opened the door on the far side, the monster broke in - which would certainly not give me enough time to save the other prisoner.
(This post was last modified: 05-22-2011, 10:48 PM by Maple.)
05-22-2011, 10:47 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

1) The third monster in the broken ladder does not spawn unless you go back there after some time. It is not there though the first time you pass the spot
2) In the hint I gave you the answer to that but it is not really easy to understand. I said After the mechanics, .... What I meant is that all these will happen after the installment of the cog wheel in the machine. In a simple way, the certain monster in script guided. It first appears when you pull the lever down at the first door(the one which missed the switch). In the second room you have to deal with the cog wheel. As soon as you pick up the cog wheel the monster will start hitting the door but it is not a threat yet. As soon as you install the cog wheel then he will start to really hit the door and after some time he will break it. So run to the switch, pass to the next room with the prisoner and close the switch. Now here you have to be really fast. Run to the prison cell and close the gate by turning the wheel to the right and then really fast go to the door and turn the wheel there to the other direction(left I think, I don't quite remember which one is left or right). While you are doing that he will probably break the door. Do not panic there, you still have some some seconds to partially open the door, crouch under it and then RUN. Don't close the door. JUST RUN! Be careful with the obstacles and you are fine. After that, you are fine and safe.
3) In conclusion you do have time to save the prisoner. Read 2.
05-22-2011, 11:26 PM
Find