Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Remember your newbie moments?
Modular100 Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Remember your newbie moments?

I think I had two...
Spoiler below!
First was in the very beginning, I thought there'd be monsters literally everywhere, so I kept sneaking behind corners and hiding in closets without any particular reason. When I finally saw the first grunt in the archives, I turned around and rushed the other way, to the caved in entrance. Upon turning around in terror, I was faced with the hallucination coming towards me, and I screamed like a little girl...

Second one needs only one word said, really: Storage. I was literally scared shitless, and it only took the slightest little sound to freak me out completely. In the very beginning, when you walk into the little room filled with crates and barrels, I closed the door properly after me, and upon picking up the first part of the drill, I heard that awful groan behind me. The grunt was tearing its' way through the door (I made some noise xD), and in terror I hid in a little corner. Only to realize I had my lantern on... -.-

05-23-2011, 07:39 PM
Find
eiahmon Offline

Threads: 13

I had a few. The first was during my first playthrough, in the Rainy Hall, I kept expecting a monster to pop out, and I was peeking around every corner I came across and was terrified of opeing any doors. Worst of all, I was so tense I could only play for about ten minutes at a stretch.

Spoiler below!
My next one was in the archives, after I had picked up the key and the grunt had busted down the door, I waited a second before I just decided to run for it. I ran out of the room, and damn near ran the grunt over. I screeched to a stop and thankfully, he did not notice me.

Spoiler below!
In the sewers after slowing down the wheel, I stepped out of the door and heard the brute moan, but I didn't see him, so, like a dumbass I turned on my lantern and walked down the stairs. Next thing I know he's right in front of me, and when I turned to run away from him, I was panicked, I pushed the mouse too hard, did a 360 and ran right into him. Needless to say, I died.:p

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2011, 07:08 AM by eiahmon.)
05-24-2011, 07:07 AM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

My silliest moment was
Spoiler below!
in the guest room, when you had to hide in the closet in the room with the key behind the painting. I was exploring the room, and that script occured. I was like "hmm nice effect" then I turned around and went out of the room RUNNING. The monster was there, but I wasnt on the chair anymore.
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2011, 01:59 PM by skypeskype.)
05-24-2011, 01:56 PM
Website Find
SNightmare Offline

Threads: 0
In the Cistern Entrance:

Spoiler below!
When the bridge wouldn't go down, I thought of lifting the other bridge, running to get on it, taking it up, and then jumping off and landing on the other bridge to bring it down. It worked.

Why was it a noob moment? Because I could have done the same thing with a rock... And I wouldn't have lost any health that way.
05-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Find
betafotball Offline

Threads: 1

Spoiler below!
When I first meet a water lurker. I thouht it was somekind of illusion when the steps came for me so I just stod and waited until it was to late.

My name is Legion, for we are many
05-25-2011, 04:10 PM
Find
LucaP1000 Offline

Threads: 5

When I was in
Spoiler below!
the Refinery for the first time, after seeing the monster, i went in one of the little rooms and blocked the door, even though the monster was not searching for me (it was an allucination). Then I lit the candles, explored the room, and then decided to go in the other rooms. Then, i got in all the rooms but while exploring them, i just kept the door at the start and the one at the end blocked, because i was so scared that i could go in all the rooms but NOT the central one with the big wine barrels, i was too afraid of going there again. At the end (when i got to the little room with little barrels and the passage to the sub-merged archives) i realized i just wasted a mid-hour in the little rooms because i was afraid of that monster who wasn't even there anymore.
What a noob.

[Image: classic-76561198012894588.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2011, 02:17 PM by LucaP1000.)
05-26-2011, 02:15 PM
Find