Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
extra_english.lang file not working
willochill Offline

Threads: 27
extra_english.lang file not working

For some reason my extra_english.lang isnt affecting my custom story at all. this is my first time testing my unfinished story, and i put the extra_english.lang file into my custom story folder but nothing changed in the custom story. i copied/pasted the text from the file below, can anyone see if im doing something wrong? thx.
(i do have it in plain text btw on the file, this is just the font on the forum)

<LANGUAGE>
<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description">As a scientist from Gloucester, England, you have traveled to the large castle of a ridiculously wealthy, eccentric Swiss biochemist by the name of Alfred Drüssel located in the heart of the Swiss Alps on a research mission with five other leading European scientists. The research mission was planned to investigate signs of a new infectious disease found in a few cases of dogs, which has proved to increase aggression and cause changes in the dogs' physical appearance. The infection is highly contagious though, so hopefully none of your fellow scientists will catch a case of it, as the effects on humans have not yet been seen.
</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="Inventory">
<Entry Name="ItemName_key_study_1">Rusty Key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_key_study_1">A well-rusted key.</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_key_tomb_1">Cellar Key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_key_tomb_1">Opens the door to the old cellar complex.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_Warning_Name">Note from A. Drüssel</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Warning_Text">Hello, Peter. I must write fast, for I have little time. I must alert you of a state of serious emergency in this castle. I cannot write much right now, for I will soon be bloodied and thrust open upon the very stone and floor of my own castle. All I will say is that you must leave immediately, without hesitation. You must find a way out of here as soon as possible. I apologize for this, but I have had to lock almost every door in the castle in order to survive long enough to write you this note. For the most part, I do not remember of where I placed any keys except that the key to the old cellar complex from the beginning of the construction of this castle is in the office bedroom down the hall from your guest room. [br][br] All I can say to you is good luck, and good bye. Right now you are sleeping and I fear that if I wake you you will die with me, for they are closing in and I am a goner. You may still have a chance. [br][br] Best of luck, brother. [br][br] Dr. Drüssel</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<LANGUAGE>
05-25-2011, 02:38 AM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36
RE: extra_english.lang file not working

The last line that says: <LANGUAGE>

Should be:

</LANGUAGE>

05-25-2011, 02:45 AM