Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
Save in Justine!
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
RE: Save in Justine!

I'm always using English but anyway, it doesn't matter.
06-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Find
Finska Offline

Threads: 6

Doesn't work on me. If i try to unzip with Winzip or 7-zip, it doesn't unzip rightly. It gives me an error and an empty file :/
06-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Find
Finska Offline

Threads: 6

Can somebody tell, how do I get this working?
06-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Find
bobbo Offline

Threads: 1

(06-08-2011, 07:50 PM)Finska Wrote: Can somebody tell, how do I get this working?

That sounds as if something went wrong with the download. What exactly is the error message?

I'd try to download the file again.
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2011, 06:26 AM by bobbo.)
06-09-2011, 06:26 AM
Find
mnn Offline

Threads: 0

Just an FYI - to use this this custom save game requires to swap language folders in redist/config folder, otherwise strings in game won't show up.

Better (and more proper solution) is to create a shortcut on desktop like this:
Amnesia.exe config/ptest_main_init.cfg

(Obviously) I have tested this only on Windows, but modified versions should work on other platforms.

This however leads to mixing up save games from The Dark Descent (e.g. original game) and Justine. So, to make Amnesia to save Justine save games to a different directory, it is necessary to edit file redist/config/ptest_main_init.cfg. Change MainSaveFolder variable to whatever you like (like Justine).

But this will create blank new directory for profiles and settings for Amnesia: Justine. So go to documents directory, then to Amnesia and make a copy of Main folder - without save games.

That's it! Now you'll have Amnesia Justine act like The Dark Descent (in terms of saving game) with separate save games!
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2011, 11:03 PM by mnn.)
12-29-2011, 11:02 PM
Find
imgoneimdead Offline
Señor Member

Threads: 23

(05-25-2011, 11:42 PM)Anxt Wrote: No, I have tested it in my own personal custom story. He sees me even when standing completely still and crouching. I promise, I'm not making this up. Try it for yourself. If you get different results, well, maybe mine is bugged or something /shrug.

Justine did not blind the one you are spawning. His vision was already bad after an incident said in notes, so she didn't blind him. I don't know why, but she didn't. When you alert him, he even says "I see you. Bonjour!"

12-29-2011, 11:56 PM
Find
Malo De Vigny Offline

Now i just need to remember the cheats, pizza and a beer and i am set
05-08-2012, 04:48 AM
Find
CrazyShootin Offline

Threads: 3

(05-25-2011, 10:45 PM)Anxt Wrote:
(05-25-2011, 10:35 PM)Danarogon Wrote:
(05-25-2011, 07:16 PM)Googolplex Wrote: I think, it is hard to play the game without saving.
I never finished it.

realy? i didn't even finished the original game and i did managed in my first playtrough to save two of the 3 guys whitout dying once Tongue
its not that hard... the monster is blind for the God sake...

No, he isn't. He may look like it, but his AI is the same as the grunt and the brute. He is not blind. I promise. I tested it.

Edit: Let me rephrase that. The one without a subname is not blind. I don't know about the specific ones like Alois or Basile, but I know that the other one is not blind.

The AI is similar, but it's designed to work as if he was blind. He doesn't noticed you unless you make noises; Walk too close to him, throw stuff around or run. In the water part he is programmed to chase after you. But water usually does make a bit of noise when you run in it, doesn't it? :p

05-08-2012, 08:51 AM
Website Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

(05-26-2011, 01:40 AM)Anxt Wrote: Make a quick test map, put him in it. Stand in the light about 100 ft. away from him. He will see you.
It's because that Justine is a full conversion, they sort of... re-coded it so the monsters would only notice you if you made noise. Now, put the monster in the main game or custom stories, yes it will see you, because it doesn't use the same coding as Justine.

This is all precipitation, so excuse me if I'm wrong

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
05-09-2012, 12:47 AM
Find
Pury Offline

(12-29-2011, 11:02 PM)mnn Wrote: Just an FYI - to use this this custom save game requires to swap language folders in redist/config folder, otherwise strings in game won't show up.

Better (and more proper solution) is to create a shortcut on desktop like this:
Amnesia.exe config/ptest_main_init.cfg

(Obviously) I have tested this only on Windows, but modified versions should work on other platforms.

This however leads to mixing up save games from The Dark Descent (e.g. original game) and Justine. So, to make Amnesia to save Justine save games to a different directory, it is necessary to edit file redist/config/ptest_main_init.cfg. Change MainSaveFolder variable to whatever you like (like Justine).

But this will create blank new directory for profiles and settings for Amnesia: Justine. So go to documents directory, then to Amnesia and make a copy of Main folder - without save games.

That's it! Now you'll have Amnesia Justine act like The Dark Descent (in terms of saving game) with separate save games!
Hello, im new on this forum and i got the game recently, i already finished the main game The Dark Descent and i tried to play Justine Expansion Pack but im not able to "save and exit"
I was reading your instructions on how to do the shortcut but i cant do it the way you say it, im not a pro on computers and if you can, please tell me a more detailed instruction on how to do what you describe here, i did download the custom save file but it only works in the main game and i have to manually load the save file everytime im going to play and yes, like someone mentioned it wont show subtitles and text on notes.
I was trying to do the shortcut by right clicking the desktop>New>Shortcut
i pasted what you posted for shortcut link "
Amnesia.exe config/ptest_main_init.cfg " but windows says that the path or file doesnt exists.
Can you please help me this i want to be able to save and exit the game Smile
05-18-2012, 12:41 AM
Find