Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What's the reason? For the darkness, I mean...
Oscar House Offline

Threads: 3
RE: What's the reason? For the darkness, I mean...

It's the first monster that can do actual damage to you, so that way it makes sense.

[Image: 2exldzm.png]
05-29-2011, 05:33 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

(05-29-2011, 05:26 PM)gandalf91 Wrote:
(05-28-2011, 04:59 AM)Skandis Wrote: From a gameplay perspective:
Spoiler below!
The refinery is the first time the player meets any sort of monster. Although it can't attack you, it works as a decent tutorial. Telling you to remain in the darkness and stay on track seems reasonable then, as lingering around with your lantern out will get you killed in later portions of the game

Wrong. It is the third (or fourth depending on how you play) monster you encounter and it can and will attack you if you get too close.

I do like your explanation as it pertains to the storyline though.

it's the first monster that can hurt you, so no it is not wrong
05-29-2011, 11:48 PM
Website Find
gandalf91 Offline

Threads: 13

"Meets any sort of monster". Read. Yes it is and so are you.
05-30-2011, 05:06 AM
Find

(05-30-2011, 05:06 AM)gandalf91 Wrote: "Meets any sort of monster". Read. Yes it is and so are you.

The first one you see in the archives is a hallucination, so is the second one, you can't catch the one in the wine cellar, even if you do it will ignore you, the fourth is in the refinery and is the first one that will actively pursue you and try to kill you if you get it's attention

So no I am NOT wrong
05-30-2011, 05:17 PM
Website Find
gandalf91 Offline

No one said anything about a hallucination not counting. And the one in the wine cellar is not a hallucination, even though there is no way to get it to notice you. Please, give your vendetta a rest. I have no problem being called out if I'm wrong, but I do have a problem with the same users...*ahem*...systematically trying to nitpick a point to great lengths only to not know what they're talking about.
05-30-2011, 09:36 PM
Find
Skandis Offline

Threads: 5

So it's the first mob that can actually kill you; not the first one in the game.
I have to admit, my memory is sometimes fuzzy at times.

Regardless, it serves as a valid point from a gameplay perspective to why Alexander starts rambling about avoiding the bastard.
05-31-2011, 09:03 AM
Find

(05-30-2011, 09:36 PM)gandalf91 Wrote: No one said anything about a hallucination not counting. And the one in the wine cellar is not a hallucination, even though there is no way to get it to notice you. Please, give your vendetta a rest. I have no problem being called out if I'm wrong, but I do have a problem with the same users...*ahem*...systematically trying to nitpick a point to great lengths only to not know what they're talking about.

vendetta? You attacked me
05-31-2011, 05:34 PM
Website Find
waqas12346 Offline

Threads: 38

Seriously, The Shadow is the reason.
05-31-2011, 06:26 PM
Website Find
gandalf91 Offline

(05-31-2011, 05:34 PM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote:
(05-30-2011, 09:36 PM)gandalf91 Wrote: No one said anything about a hallucination not counting. And the one in the wine cellar is not a hallucination, even though there is no way to get it to notice you. Please, give your vendetta a rest. I have no problem being called out if I'm wrong, but I do have a problem with the same users...*ahem*...systematically trying to nitpick a point to great lengths only to not know what they're talking about.

I made a statement that the refinery is not home to the very first monster of any type in the game. I was met with multiple responses from you trying to exploit every corner of reasoning to prove me wrong, even when it was blatantly apparent that it was correct. This has now happened between you and I over multiple threads. That is where I am coming from. Challenging a statement is one thing. Starting arguments with me for arguments sake does not put me in a very good mood. I'm willing to drop it though if you are.
06-01-2011, 04:45 AM
Find

(06-01-2011, 04:45 AM)gandalf91 Wrote:
(05-31-2011, 05:34 PM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote:

I made a statement that the refinery is not home to the very first monster of any type in the game. I was met with multiple responses from you trying to exploit every corner of reasoning to prove me wrong, even when it was blatantly apparent that it was correct. This has now happened between you and I over multiple threads. That is where I am coming from. Challenging a statement is one thing. Starting arguments with me for arguments sake does not put me in a very good mood. I'm willing to drop it though if you are.

I have no idea what you're even talking about, you have managed to leave me the single handed most confused person on these forums right now, no one attacked you, no one went after you, and now apparently I'm starting arguments for the hell of it

All I did was make a statement that from my perspective you were wrong because it is the first monster that can harm you, then when you responded, I simply be came more confused until you explained that you didn't realize this was the case

Then I thought it was case closed, you know the ol "Oh! So you said that because...oh alright, I get it now."

I honestly believe this is just a misunderstanding

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2011, 05:18 AM by Hunter of Shadows.)
06-01-2011, 05:05 AM
Website Find