Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.1 Average
Work in progress The Servant's Trials - DEMO RELEASED - Latest update 3/09/2011
cook Offline

Threads: 6
RE: The Servant's Trials

Video up for the Workshop with scares removed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShEWcDxRATQ

EDIT:
Scare scripting/atmosphere completely done on the workshop, just need to fix up the mementos then it's done and i'll release the demo sometime today. I finally got the stair chases working perfectly, they are very nasty!
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2011, 07:11 AM by cook.)
06-12-2011, 03:27 AM
Find
cook Offline

RE: The Servant's Trials

no longer relevant
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2011, 12:41 AM by cook.)
06-12-2011, 08:40 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64
RE: The Servant's Trials - DEMO RELEASED

Okay i played the demo very nice rooms and areas but, where the Edwards Quarters key belongs?

“Life is a game, play it”
06-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Find
cook Offline

The key only works after you sleep and hear someone leaving a room in the night. It works on the door opposite your room. You don't actually need to do this though, you only need to complete the days tasks which are on the note outside your room each day and then sleep twice, then things sort of take a turn for the worse and it returns to classic Amnesia progression.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2011, 09:33 AM by cook.)
06-12-2011, 09:28 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

(06-12-2011, 09:28 AM)cook Wrote: The key only works after you sleep and hear someone leaving a room in the night. It works on the door opposite your room. You don't actually need to do this though, you only need to complete the days tasks which are on the note outside your room each day and then sleep twice, then things sort of take a turn for the worse and it returns to classic Amnesia progression.

Oh now i got it! Very clever Tongue
Wow dude this is truly long for a demo, Awesome design and scares but, im stuck I have Adhesive chemical mix then "Hardener" and i cant mix them up. What i do ?

“Life is a game, play it”
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2011, 10:16 AM by HumiliatioN.)
06-12-2011, 09:36 AM
Find
Tenno Offline

Threads: 0

A very lengthy, creative and fun demo. I really liked how you started off doing basic servant jobs around the castle before everything goes to hell. The sleep feature was also very original and added a nice touch. The scares were unexpected and always managed to frighten me senseless. The workshop was easily one of the most terrifying levels I have played in Amnesia, the sounds, events, lighting, everything was spot on and created a chilling atmosphere.

I got the 2 chemicals and the hardener but can't combine them, I'm guessing this is the end of the demo.

For a demo I am extremely impressed and dying to play a full release soon Big Grin

[Image: 29069he.gif]
06-12-2011, 01:35 PM
Find
bobbo Offline

Threads: 1

One problem: on my first try I just walked through the Entry Hall into the Visitors area. There, I found the door behind me blocked with a huge wood piece and a monster banging against the door. A screen message said: "That should Edward off for now." Problem is: I've never seen Edward, there was no monster I would have had to escape from. Guess I'll have to restart the story, too, because now I can't go back through the Entry Hall?
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2011, 01:55 PM by bobbo.)
06-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Find
cook Offline

You mean you were able to walk straight into the Visitors area bobbo?

Or do you mean that there were no monsters up to that point, as there should've been one in the bedrooms after sleeping and one outside when the Entry Hall is dark, I hope it's the former because if not I don't know what's wrong - and yes, Adhesives + Hardener = the end of the demo, later on you'll be able to place the chemical mix at a rockfall and then add Hardener to it for an explosion.

EDIT: It's the former, I forgot to lock the Visiting Area door. If you go to the Study first then it'll autolock when you grab the key, but I forgot to set it to lock on default, I'll upload a quick fix - thanks for notifying me.

EDIT2: Fixed, added autosaves to each level, and fixed visiting area having oil I used for testing. Adding mementos and checkpoints next.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2011, 03:26 PM by cook.)
06-12-2011, 02:57 PM
Find
Seuchensoldat Offline

Threads: 3

Very nice custom story! I like the idea of being a servant very much! Just one thing that is buggy (I saw that in other custom stories maybe it has to do with pathnodes?):

Spoiler below!
When I encounter the Edward monster I run to the room with the cabinet and hide in there. But Edward doesn't calm down. He always stands in the doorway of his room and tries crushing the already broken door. I tried to lure him out and that worked but as he walks away while hiding I'm not able to leave the servant's quarters area. The door to the entry hall is still locked. Did I miss a key or something?

Btw: Damn, the visitors area looks a lot like my custom story's guestrooms. I think I'll have to change it. Sad
06-13-2011, 08:41 AM
Find
cook Offline

It's due to there being no checkpoints, working on resolving that now.
06-13-2011, 12:34 PM
Find