Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.1 Average
Work in progress The Servant's Trials - DEMO RELEASED - Latest update 3/09/2011
RikeuAmeva Offline

Threads: 0
RE: The Servant's Trials - DEMO RELEASED - Checkpoints added, all bugs fixed

Ah, will have to start over anyway then, so I have a small question in the meantime:

Spoiler below!
After starting the game and getting the note, then the memento to "explore the castle," does that mean I should go to the Study? It's unlocked and when I try to leave, I get the "I can't leave, I have something to do here," message.

Also, was wondering what that random tinderbox was doing in the entry hall =P
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2011, 01:41 AM by RikeuAmeva.)
06-14-2011, 01:39 AM
Find
cook Offline

Threads: 6

Yes you have to go to the Study, you can't leave until you find the Key in there, I'm thinking of changing that later - it seems a bit redundant right now.
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2011, 01:52 AM by cook.)
06-14-2011, 01:51 AM
Find
bobbo Offline

Threads: 1

I'm done now, great demo!

Spoiler below!

Like everyone else I liked the general idea of being a servant. But: Maybe I was too stupid or didn't read the notes carefully enough but it wasn't clear to me what I had to do as this servant. I remember finding a note in the beginning that assigned different tasks to different servants. Also, i had no clue that I would have to click the bed in order to sleep and make progress. I only found out via the forum. Each day I just searched the rooms for stuff to find etc and found all but one door locked so it was obvious where I had to go. Where there notes for each day telling me what to do? Was I just too blind?

Anyways, i really enjoyed the whole Workshop section. the long loading time rewards the player with a huge several stories map that is very creepy imho. I had one more small "problem" here. I went to get the hardener from the room with the charging monster and i also had the key for the toolshed. So I made my way to the stairs to get to the toolshed. Now at the bottom of the stairs, the room where the saw sound came from was open. I could walk in there and see the saw with the body parts. Since there was nothing to do I went up to get the hammer etc.
Later I went back down to get the chemical pot and the chemicals. This time the saw door was locked again with the sewing sound coming from it. I then mixed the chemicals and made my way past the saw door - when the monster came out for this last chasing scene (which was very well done imho!).
To cut a long story short: I think the room should not have been open that first time I went by it. Or was that intentional?

All together it was great fun to play this, keep up the good work!
06-14-2011, 12:41 PM
Find
cook Offline

It was intentional,
Spoiler below!
the idea was there was something in there and he'd left the room, you can hear dragging of corpses around. Later when he returns it's meant to be a cue that despite him still being in the room, the sawing has stopped, which means he's about to leave the room again - which he does just as you walk past - it's a subtle hint that a chase is coming.
Lack of direction on the first part noted, I'll get to work on improving that.

Thanks for the feedback.
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2011, 01:09 PM by cook.)
06-14-2011, 01:07 PM
Find
bobbo Offline

Threads: 1

(06-14-2011, 01:07 PM)cook Wrote: Lack of direction on the first part noted, I'll get to work on improving that.

Thanks for the feedback.

Maybe this could be solved by having different notes for each day? Or by having the first note with all the tasks but different screen messages and mementos for each day, saying "today I should do this and that"?

On the other hand: Was it just me? Did everybody else know what to do right away? Because if so don't waste your time on changing it. Smile
06-14-2011, 02:18 PM
Find
cook Offline

(06-14-2011, 02:18 PM)bobbo Wrote:
(06-14-2011, 01:07 PM)cook Wrote: Lack of direction on the first part noted, I'll get to work on improving that.

Thanks for the feedback.

Maybe this could be solved by having different notes for each day? Or by having the first note with all the tasks but different screen messages and mementos for each day, saying "today I should do this and that"?

On the other hand: Was it just me? Did everybody else know what to do right away? Because if so don't waste your time on changing it. Smile

There are different notes on each day, I'll solve it by adding messages when you first load to say how to use the bed, and then message when a new note has been placed on the table. It's a very quick fix so even if it is for a small amount of people it's still fine.
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2011, 02:37 PM by cook.)
06-14-2011, 02:35 PM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

cook
about it:
Spoiler below!
Upon the ending of the second sleep cycle a Monster will appear, you need to hide, you cannot escape until he opens the door

my problem - is monster even can"t move from his room, he can"t even leave it and stuck in doors.
[Image: amnesia2011061422363556.th.jpg]

i hiding in other rooms , and waiting for a long, but still nothing..
06-14-2011, 08:38 PM
Find
cook Offline

I have no idea why that's happening Dark. He's set up to start patrolling and I've never seen him do that. Is this happening to anyone else?

Checked the script and this is there:
SetEntityActive("servant_grunt_1", true);
SetEntityActive("ExamineArea_5", true);
SetPlayerActive(true);
AddEnemyPatrolNode("servant_grunt_1", "PathNodeArea_1", 0.0f, "");
AddEnemyPatrolNode("servant_grunt_1", "PathNodeArea_2", 0.0f, "");
AddEnemyPatrolNode("servant_grunt_1", "PathNodeArea_3", 0.0f, "");
AddEnemyPatrolNode("servant_grunt_1", "PathNodeArea_4", 2.0f, "");

names match up correctly.

Could you film it?
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2011, 09:29 PM by cook.)
06-14-2011, 09:16 PM
Find
Seuchensoldat Offline

Threads: 3

Yeah, that's the same problem I have. The monster wouldn't leave his room instead he is crushing his already crushed door forever. Sometimes he disappears but the locked door to the entrance hall is still locked.
06-14-2011, 11:44 PM
Find
cook Offline

Your info has helped seuchen, I know how to fix this I think, thanks. Will be uploading a fix in a few hours.
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2011, 12:34 AM by cook.)
06-15-2011, 12:34 AM
Find