Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Amnesia works up until I can control my character
Despo Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Amnesia works up until I can control my character

I have a Windows 7 64-bit OS with an Nvidia GeForce GT 540M video driver. I have a downloaded copy of Amnesia from Amazon.com, and the set up and installation have been completed successfully. I am able to see all (what I believe to be all) visuals upon launch of the game. Once I start a new game, the character recites his opening lines with a black screen. Once his lines are finished, the black screen remans and a small dot flashes briefly in the center of the screen (perhaps the crosshairs) and then the screen remains as it is. I can control the character, even interact with objects, but I do so with a black screen. Strangely, the pause menu, inventory screen, and the mementos/journals/diaries menu can be seen, but I cannot see the environment or my character. That is all the information I can post for this problem. Please help.

Thank you.

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 6.74 KB / Downloads: 120)
06-01-2011, 04:30 AM
Find
TFEF Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia works up until I can control my character

You are playing this on a laptop, correct? From what I can see in the log, the game is using an integrated graphics card to render. There are various ways to get your computer to recognize the Nvidia card instead of the Intel card. You can try going into the control panel and disabling the Intel card, for one.

If all else fails, go to Intel's website and download the latest drivers for the Intel HD graphics card. These have better support for OpenGL and should be able to run the game without problems.
06-01-2011, 04:43 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia works up until I can control my character

You have a Nvidia GeForce GT 540M but game recognizes integrated one. I don't have any knowledge about this issue but you should try to make the game to recognize Nvidia one. On Nvidia panel you might need to create a profile for Amnesia.

06-01-2011, 11:39 AM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

1) Go into the "device manager" which is found by entering System in Control Panel and then clicking on the "Hardware". Find the display drivers and the right click on the card that is NOT your main graphics card, and choose disable. Reboot and try again.

2) Update the drivers for the integrated card. For example updating drivers for "Enhanced Display Driver Helper (ASUS Other Device)" has been reported to fix this issue.

3) Enter the control panel for the graphics card and set the proper (non-integrated) card as the preffered device to use. Here is how it looks for a user: http://frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-...l#pid34691

4) Enter Display Properties and make sure that the desktop color depth is 32.
06-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Find
Despo Offline

(06-01-2011, 02:25 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: 1) Go into the "device manager" which is found by entering System in Control Panel and then clicking on the "Hardware". Find the display drivers and the right click on the card that is NOT your main graphics card, and choose disable. Reboot and try again.

2) Update the drivers for the integrated card. For example updating drivers for "Enhanced Display Driver Helper (ASUS Other Device)" has been reported to fix this issue.

3) Enter the control panel for the graphics card and set the proper (non-integrated) card as the preffered device to use. Here is how it looks for a user: http://frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-...l#pid34691

4) Enter Display Properties and make sure that the desktop color depth is 32.

I changed the preffered Graphics Card and it works! Thank you so much!
06-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

my pleasure, have fun playing the game!
06-02-2011, 12:03 AM
Find
Despo Offline

Smile I just took my pre-amnesia shit and I'm ready to go!
06-02-2011, 03:25 AM
Find
BlueFury Offline

Threads: 30

(06-02-2011, 03:25 AM)Despo Wrote: Smile I just took my pre-amnesia shit and I'm ready to go!

i just took a shit because mine doesnt work Sad

Sticks and stones may break our bones, but words will break our hearts. – Robert Fulghum
06-20-2011, 09:53 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

(06-20-2011, 09:53 PM)BlueFury Wrote:
(06-02-2011, 03:25 AM)Despo Wrote: Smile I just took my pre-amnesia shit and I'm ready to go!

i just took a shit because mine doesnt work Sad

Why unburry another topic to say that? I told you, your graphics card is not capable of running the game. The games system requirements state that Intel graphic cards are not supported.
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2011, 10:09 PM by plutomaniac.)
06-20-2011, 10:07 PM
Find