Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 34 Vote(s) - 3.44 Average
Amnesia: Through the Portal (2.0 Expansion Released)
Simpanra Offline

Threads: 28
RE: Amnesia: Through the Portal (Released)

im on a mac =( custom story version please? =(
06-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Find
ZortaEnzane Offline

Threads: 2

Whoo, I just finished it!

Spoiler below!
Sweet jesus! The levels were so unique and GORGEOUS! This is a custom story that will really stick in my mind and inspire me forever.

B-but...now I need...more!

I understand it must've been hell to build all that, but it was just so beautiful that I didn't want it to end so soon. It was a lot shorter than I expected. You had something amazing going there and then it just ended before you had a chance to be immersed in any deeper story, which I saw tons of potential for. There didn't even need to be any monsters, I just wanted to read some more notes at least.

This was a very bittersweet experience for me. I love what you already have, but wish you would've went further with this; it feels like such a waste. It would be wonderful if you ever decided to come back and expand this, although I doubt that you would. Undecided

I am a voice actress, here is my portfolio so far: http://soundcloud.com/zorta-enzane
06-12-2011, 04:55 PM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34

I understand the dissapointments that the mod was short. In my mind, I had (and still have) awesome ideas about what exactly the Guardian is and more on the Alexander / Justine story. But, without any custom models, I really ran out of creative ways to make the existing Amnesia objects look alien.

That being said, I actually have an unused map that takes place between the Cave and the Spire of Light entrance. In fact, I could technically put endlessly more maps in between the Master Orb and the cave to stuff story / more stuff in. I will not put in Grunts / Brutes simply because they were created on Earth and have no place inside this world.

Would everyone like a more realistic (non silly) ending with more content in the middle? Would people play it again if there was double the content in between the caves and the Master Orb chamber? If only a handful of new people would play the whole thing, I feel as if it would be a waste of time and that I should wait for HPL3 so I can just use the outdoor features.

But, if people would have the ...mental endurance to play through it again I would add more.

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
06-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Find
Tenno Offline

Threads: 0

(06-12-2011, 05:33 PM)DamnNoHtml Wrote: I understand the dissapointments that the mod was short. In my mind, I had (and still have) awesome ideas about what exactly the Guardian is and more on the Alexander / Justine story. But, without any custom models, I really ran out of creative ways to make the existing Amnesia objects look alien.

That being said, I actually have an unused map that takes place between the Cave and the Spire of Light entrance. In fact, I could technically put endlessly more maps in between the Master Orb and the cave to stuff story / more stuff in. I will not put in Grunts / Brutes simply because they were created on Earth and have no place inside this world.

Would everyone like a more realistic (non silly) ending with more content in the middle? Would people play it again if there was double the content in between the caves and the Master Orb chamber? If only a handful of new people would play the whole thing, I feel as if it would be a waste of time and that I should wait for HPL3 so I can just use the outdoor features.

But, if people would have the ...mental endurance to play through it again I would add more.

Well you can definitely count me in for playing it through again if more content was added Big Grin

I have the mental endurance Tongue

[Image: 29069he.gif]
06-12-2011, 06:09 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39
RE: Amnesia: Through the Portal (1.0 Released, Expansion In Progress)

Make a fix for me, i can't even start the story... Sad

listen to boards of canada
06-12-2011, 06:12 PM
Website Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

(06-12-2011, 06:12 PM)Hardarm Wrote: Make a fix for me, i can't even start the story... Sad

I still have no idea what is causing your problem, so I don't know how to fix it :/

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
06-12-2011, 06:13 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Maybe my crack is somehow interacting with the config... Because it asked my serial before running it. Then it didn't work. I tried to change but.. neither... Sad

06-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Website Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

(06-12-2011, 06:30 PM)Hardarm Wrote: Maybe my crack is somehow interacting with the config... Because it asked my serial before running it. Then it didn't work. I tried to change but.. neither... Sad

Yeah I'm not really gonna help someone who illegally has the game.

06-12-2011, 06:50 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

(06-12-2011, 06:50 PM)DamnNoHtml Wrote:
(06-12-2011, 06:30 PM)Hardarm Wrote: Maybe my crack is somehow interacting with the config... Because it asked my serial before running it. Then it didn't work. I tried to change but.. neither... Sad

Yeah I'm not really gonna help someone who illegally has the game.

I could buy it if i had my own money.
Really don't get me wrong, I love amnesia as much as you do, and now it has become my favourite game. It just doesn't have multiplayer stuff to be bought. But, I think Frictional Games really deserve money. It's just that i can't get them with a Credit Card yet. Maybe in the near future Wink

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2011, 07:28 PM by Hardarm.)
06-12-2011, 07:12 PM
Website Find
d3signr Offline

Threads: 2
Rainbow  RE: Amnesia: Through the Portal (Released)

(06-12-2011, 03:49 PM)Simpanra Wrote: im on a mac =( custom story version please? =(

Because of the way Mac replaces files/folders you are going to have to copy the contents of the archive over folder by folder and if necessary going in one or two levels if there are subdirectories so as not to replace the original folders with the new content. So, open each folder in turn and copy the contents of the archive structure one by one. Obviously you can multi-select files to copy over, just don't overwrite the game folders. Clear enough?

For Mac you can make an Applescript (save as application on your dekstop or wherever) to run this mod. However, for some reason this mod will reset your preferences and you will be asked to enter your serial again, i don't know why. Anyway, open AppleScript editor from utilities and enter the following:

do shell script "/Applications/Amnesia.app/Contents/Resources/Amnesia.app/Contents/MacOS/Amnesia 'config/ttp_main_init.cfg' &"

That should all be on one line. Compile it then Save as Application.

That should do it. At least it works for me. Great Mod btw!
06-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Find