Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rope areas
Greven Offline

Threads: 13
Rope areas

Ok so i want to create a rope holding a key. But once i tried to use the rope areas i got a little confused. So im wondering if the rope area creates a rope by itself or if you have to add one as a entity.

Short explanation: How do i create ropes? (with a key on it Smile)

[WIP] Recidivus
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2011, 09:33 PM by Greven.)
06-01-2011, 09:32 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
RE: Rope areas

I'm not sure about creating a key on it. Check out the Justine scripts for the first area to see. To create a rope you need to add a rope node at the point you want it to start and a PosNode where you want it to end. Select your rope node, and set the EndPosNode field to match your PosNode. Then select the ropefile: There are ready-made .rope files in the misc folder of Amnesia's game files Smile

Good luck!

06-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36

Go to areas, click on rope. Place the rope at the place where you want it to hang from. Go back to areas and create a PosNode where you want the rope to end. Try to keep it aligned with the rope area. Go to the rope's properties and where it says "EndPosNode", put in the PosNode area's name in it. The "StartBody" and "EndBody" could be left blank unless you want it to hold something. Where it says "RopeFile",click on the "..." and go find the "misc" folder and then click on whatever one you want, if it be a rope or a chain.

Now I said that if you want an object to hang, place the key at the PosNode you placed that is ment to be used as the "EndPosNode". Then put the key's name in the "EndBody" blank. That should work... I think. Smile

Edit: Crap. Palistov beat me to it! XD

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2011, 09:50 PM by Kyle.)
06-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Find
Greven Offline

Threads: 13

Works like a charm, Thank you guys Smile

Edit: Haha Kyle this is the second time youre late Smile

[WIP] Recidivus
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2011, 10:09 PM by Greven.)
06-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Find