Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wall entities
DannieWest Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Wall entities

Loved this one Big Grin Just came across this lil idea... would it be possible to give the walls the ability to swing open like doors? Smile Like from one side they're all wooden with a handle, and the other side looks just like a regular wall Big Grin And maybe just openable from the side with a handle? x)
06-06-2011, 01:00 AM
Find
xtron Offline

Threads: 37

Since we're here I need to ask...
the SetEntityActive function, if I set it to false instead of true, will the entity that got the function disapear?.

[Image: 44917299.jpg]Dubstep <3
06-06-2011, 10:54 AM
Find
Mooserider Offline

Threads: 11

(06-06-2011, 10:54 AM)xtron Wrote: Since we're here I need to ask...
the SetEntityActive function, if I set it to false instead of true, will the entity that got the function disapear?.

Yes, that's right. Setting something to false will make it disappear, setting it to true will make it re-appear. If you set an already active prop active with SetEntityActive nothing will happen - just so you know.

DannieWest Wrote:Loved this one Just came across this lil idea... would it be possible to give the walls the ability to swing open like doors? Like from one side they're all wooden with a handle, and the other side looks just like a regular wall And maybe just openable from the side with a handle? x)

That would we extremely awesome but I've no idea how to do itBig Grin I think it's possible, but all I can do is convert the static models to entitiesWink

Slightly amusing fact though is that I set the entity type to SwingDoor just without hinges so it doesn't act like a door (However like I said before I have no idea how to give it hinges anyway even if I wanted to... Which I sort of do, but you know what i'm getting atWink)

Working on a FC: "Don't Let Go "
06-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Find
DannieWest Offline

Threads: 13

(06-06-2011, 02:19 PM)Mooserider Wrote:
DannieWest Wrote:Loved this one Just came across this lil idea... would it be possible to give the walls the ability to swing open like doors? Like from one side they're all wooden with a handle, and the other side looks just like a regular wall And maybe just openable from the side with a handle? x)

That would we extremely awesome but I've no idea how to do itBig Grin I think it's possible, but all I can do is convert the static models to entitiesWink

Slightly amusing fact though is that I set the entity type to SwingDoor just without hinges so it doesn't act like a door (However like I said before I have no idea how to give it hinges anyway even if I wanted to... Which I sort of do, but you know what i'm getting atWink)

Haha, aw, bummer! But still nice to have! Big Grin Haha, yea xD
06-07-2011, 01:56 AM
Find