Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra Sales Figures?
Lockheed Offline

Threads: 2
Penumbra Sales Figures?

To the developers:

I don't know if this is the type of thing you would be willing to share, but if so, after a certain amount of time has passed it would be interesting to know how the sales have been for the game, since it is effectively an indie project and (relatively) small, and seems to have gotten a fair bit of its publicity from word of mouth from fans. My hope is that we will see it compare well with sales figures for other games, though of course taking into account the different development model from big game houses.
04-06-2007, 05:21 AM
Find
Dark Offline

Threads: 20
RE: Penumbra Sales Figures?

im curious to
but if they dont want to share then we cant make them (sneak hack attack abyone?:p)

[Image: elfenliednx4.jpg]
04-06-2007, 09:45 AM
Find
Willbreaker Offline

Threads: 6

I guess that they will release the figures if they were great, otherwise not.

Or perhaps there is a twist, they publicize the numbers if they were low, to make the game have an extravagant and mysterious touch to it (A small but loyal fanbase).

Just like me ;D.

/Breaker
04-06-2007, 07:57 PM
Find
banj007 Offline

Threads: 10

Dear Loyal Penumbra Fans (especially Banj007),
                       Our sales figures are: 10gigabillion copies.
                                                           Thank you for your interest
P.S. Banj007 is the coolest xD
04-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Website Find
Jetsetlemming Offline

Threads: 5

I'd imagine that it's too early to have an accurate idea of how many sales there were, and that that info is entirely from the publishers. Friction has nothing to do with actually SELLING the game, after all. Tongue I doubt it's hard for them to get the figures on download sales, but physical sales are a bit less exact, and a bit slower to measure.
04-07-2007, 02:47 AM
Find
Garenth Offline

Threads: 3

Yeah, that would be interesting to know. I REALLY hope the game(s) (will) do well! The boxed version hasn't been released everywhere yet though, when it's out here in Sweden I'll buy at least 2 copies (going to give 1 to a friend), so I guess it's too early to tell. Smile
04-07-2007, 04:03 AM
Find