Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Custom story Lets Play's?
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Custom story Lets Play's?

(06-06-2011, 08:29 PM)Doctorcheese Wrote: Oh alright, just tried out Camstudio since it seemed nice Big Grin
I'll check Fraps out though, it seems good.

I use Fraps and it works wonders, records in a lossless format so you get the same quality as you get when playing - quite lovely really! Though it might take some getting used to if you're not used to playing at 30FPS (unless you want to record it at a set 60fps which might be a bit overkill on your HD).

But yes as been stated, have a beefy HD ready and a good rig in general as it is very taxing on the system. This is not a job for a laptop if you catch my drift!

06-06-2011, 09:24 PM
Find
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

Threads: 18

Word of advice when using fraps: It's codec isn't brilliant, so if you plan on doing anything more than compressing the footage it is worth encoding the footage to another lossless format (Lagarith is a good choice here, you should be able to reduce file-size a little without any quality loss too as an added benefit).
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2011, 01:31 AM by Apjjm.)
06-07-2011, 01:31 AM
Find
Doctorcheese Offline

Threads: 28

All right cool, thanks for the tips guys! Gonna start recording as soon as I can Big Grin

''Sick, twisted child... You'll burn for this!''
06-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Find