Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[Solved] Issues with activation code
SnackAttack Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Issues with activation code

H4nky Wrote:Man, this is tiresome. Are they ever going to fix this?! What are those guys at "tages S.A" up to?

We just got through the Easter weekend, I doubt anyone there has been aware of the problem for more than a few hours. I would hope it'll get fixed by today but I'm not so sure how much I really expect that to happen.
04-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Find
OO Agent Offline

Threads: 5

not really, unless theres someone willing to give us their activation code for us to use, im really mad about this. i was really looking foward to playing this game over the weekend, now im bored as hell.

For the love of god get the ****ing server back up!! its been over 3 days now!
04-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Find
TheCollective15 Offline

Eh, just wait it out, there is nothing you can do to speed it up, really. To be honest, while I do not like the idea of coming back to Gamersgate in the near future, if this "compensation" they were talking about means chipping five or ten bucks off of the second episode, I would strongly reconsider. Besides, if you ordered a physical copy, you would have to wait this long, anyway...

You can't kill me if I kill me first!!
04-10-2007, 12:16 AM
Find
SnackAttack Offline

TheCollective15 Wrote:...if this "compensation" they were talking about means chipping five or ten bucks off of the second episode, I would strongly reconsider.

That's pretty much why I'm just waiting it out rather than requesting a refund right there. But man, I can only play the first five minutes of this game so many times.
04-10-2007, 01:57 AM
Find
H4nky Offline

Threads: 1

At last! It's working!
04-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Find
TheCollective15 Offline

Yes, I can confirm this, too. The activation code has been sent, and the game is loading. I would expect that everyone who downloaded from gamersgate.com is now able to do the same. I'm free! Smile

04-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Find
cnokes Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: [Solved] Issues with activation code

YEA!!!! It works!

How do I adjust my gamma down? In the begining I accidently adjusted it to the highest, 3.0, and now it look all kinds of crappy. I have tried clicking on it a couple of times but nothing happens.

Thanks
04-10-2007, 11:29 PM
Find
TheCollective15 Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: [Solved] Issues with activation code

Go to options, graphics (I believe) and instead of left clicking on "Gamma", right click on it. If that doesn't work, guess you won't be very spooked then. lol.

EDIT: I was sent an e-mail from gamersgate apologizing for the issue, and the compensation was listed...

1) If anyone did not activate the game, and wants to return it, a full refund will be provided.

OR

2) If you waited for the problem to be fixed, and you contact gamersgate via e-mail with your account name, etc., then they will allow you to download a 9.99 dollar game for free.

I like the 'compensation', but am going to negotiate with them and see if they can just discount ten bucks from Episode 2...I don't think that is likely, though, but I'll post later for any updates.

(This post was last modified: 04-11-2007, 09:46 PM by thor27.)
04-10-2007, 11:47 PM
Find