Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Visual Issues
ktkittykitty Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Bug  Visual Issues

I just installed Amnesia today. I started it up and found that only the loading screens, the journal/notes, the words on the menus, the subtitles, the crosshair and the event icons are visual on the screen. The sound works and I can hear Daniel moving. My drivers/graphics card is up to date, and I've also installed the latest patch for Amnesia. This problem existed before I installed the patch as well. Running the game as administrator is unsuccessful as well as adjusting the lighting. I understand that this is a common issue and I have been searching through other posts. However, I have been unable to find a suggested solution that works.
I am running the game on a Windows 7 64-bit Toshiba Satellite A665 laptop (I received it only a couple of weeks ago).
Intel® HD Graphics 3000
Driver Version: 8.15.10.2353
Operating System: Windows 7 Service Pack 1(6.1.7601)
DirectX* Version: 10.1
Physical Memory: 8098 MB
Minimum Graphics Memory: 64 MB
Maximum Graphics Memory: 1696 MB
Sorry for the long post and thank you for your time. I hope that this issue can be resolved.

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 6.07 KB / Downloads: 82)
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2011, 06:55 AM by ktkittykitty.)
06-19-2011, 06:35 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Visual Issues

Your gpu driver is not updated. The latest, which supports the game, is 8.15.10.2361. Download it from here for your system and it should work:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_D...pe=Drivers

Your card is even better. It can support OpenGL 3 when all the other Intel HD ones support till 2.1 which is the games minimum requirement. With the correct driver the game will play 100% fine.
06-19-2011, 08:25 AM
Find
ktkittykitty Offline

Threads: 1

Thanks for the help!
Unfortunately, it says that my computer does not meet the minimum requirements for the download. Upon using the Intel Driver Update Utility, I discovered Intel's downloads are not compatible with my driver due to changes Toshiba has made to the final product. Also, Toshiba does not offer Intel's newest driver update for my laptop (Satellite A665 S5185). My driver version is the most current one offered.
I'm guessing I'll just have to wait a while longer before I can play the game. Smile
06-19-2011, 09:08 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

I don't know if this will work:

Quote:You have run into the same main problem with Toshiba laptops for most gamers. Toshiba laptops are very finicky about only using the Toshiba supplied drivers, otherwise strange problems can and do develop. But, on the other hand, Toshiba is norotiously slow in updating their drivers. In fact, they usually only update their drivers if there is a proven problem with their last driver that can be consistently replicated.

So, we might be able to update your driver, but you have to understand that you may develop other problems, like the brightness controls may stop working, freezing, perhaps even overheating, etc.

Understanding the problems you might develop, and if you still want to try to update your drivers, do this. First, go into Device Manager by clicking on 'Start', then type in devmgmt.msc and click on this file. Click on the arrow beside 'Display adapter', right click on the 'Intel HD Graphics' device, click on 'Uninstall' and put the check mark on 'Delete the driver software for this device', and then click 'OK' to confirm uninstall, close Device Manager.

Source: http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Video-Displ...d-p/189964

If it fails then install back the toshiba driver.
06-19-2011, 10:23 AM
Find
theDARKW0LF Offline

Threads: 17

Plutomaniac, I just wanted to say, THANK YOU! I tried so many methods, like installing Amnesia on Linux through the Wine Program that runs Windows programs, and nothing worked. I never thought it'd be something so simple as uninstalling the laptop manufacturer's drivers and installing Intel's latest. I simply assumed the the drivers I had were up-to-date, but I see I was wrong.

So thanks for your help! I was starting to think that I couldn't play my favorite game on this laptop, and it's great that I can now!

Check out my custom stories(1)(2)!
07-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

glad I could help. Have fun with the game! Smile
07-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Find