Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Should i add weapons(they're all kinda weak
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
NO! No weapons for me!
48.15%
39 48.15%
Yes, add some weak old guns.
16.05%
13 16.05%
Yes, but only add melee weapons!
7.41%
6 7.41%
No, the addition of traps is good enough for me!
23.46%
19 23.46%
Yes, (post a reply with your idea)
4.94%
4 4.94%
Total 81 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Paracusia] A new game, i am working on, inspired by amnesia
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: [Paracusia] A new game, i am working on, inspired by amnesia

Have you tried Unity3D?

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
06-23-2011, 09:02 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

(06-23-2011, 01:10 PM)Leu Radu Wrote:
(06-23-2011, 01:56 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Unity 3D is an engine I love and use. I'd choose it over any engine out there.
Can you tell us more about you're experience with Unity 3D? I've tried it, but never actually used it.

Highly optimized, eye catchy rendering, wonderful lightning, easy to test, easy to build, easy to script... There is nothing you can do, you can create Half Life, Silent Hill or Amnesia. Most of all, there is no stupid plasticity UDK has.

06-23-2011, 09:31 PM
Website Find
BlueFury Offline

Threads: 30

(06-23-2011, 03:56 PM)Lee Wrote: Maybe you should try to build some of your game with the HPL2 tools and show it to Frictional in the hopes that they might give you a license. They said that they aren't going to try to license the engine to everyone, but they never specifically mentioned that it's going to be completely proprietary.

yeah, maybe
could you guys please support us
our game actually really needs the engine
and probably frictional wont accept us

Sticks and stones may break our bones, but words will break our hearts. – Robert Fulghum
06-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

Unreal 3 sucks? Shaders are the most realistic in the market, with the implementation fo lightmass they get even better.
You need an awesome computer to develop a game for Unreal Or Cryengine and the same to play it so don't get ideas if you don't have an i5/i7 processor or an Nvidia GF 600+ series.
One thing is not knowing how to use a Top Engine, which requires a lot of experience, another is to too give a bad look to something because you can't use it.

I've recommended source before. I've used it for long, it's limitless if you are a good scripter, there are awesome mods to get inspired on such as Nightmare House 2.

HPL 1 has no future, unless you're a good coder and can turn it into HPL2, but that would take some time. I personally don't like the code on it too, but you may like it. That's my advice, you don't have to follow it nor believe it, just trying to help. Good luck with your project.

If frictional games give away HPL2, I'd say they are done for, it's the only thing that keeps this Indie Team running. Without it, they would fail, and the frictional games team can correct me if I'm wrong. I don't believe they have the time to rebuild a new engine before getting out of economical means to. Indie development has advantages but also has big disadvantages and brings quite a big fight.

Tanshaydar, what do you mean by plasticity? I've used UE3 for more than one year, I never had any problems nor found anything I couldn't do. It supports anything and everything, has everything implemented with fewer needs for plugins which are totally supported. Every single game that pops out with it is simply amazing, candidates to the best game of the year, Bioshock Infinite, Mass Effect 3, Gears of War 2.

Unity 3d is a good engine, a new one, it is extremely organized, you can do things there easily, there's no visual scripting/material editors. It's becoming popular, but it's not a next gen ready engine yet. I have to say that in your position I'd use unity since it's easier to learn and has softer requirements for your system.

Ok, I've gone too far with the engines discussion now Tongue

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2011, 02:03 AM by nemesis567.)
06-24-2011, 01:46 AM
Find
Synatic Offline

Threads: 2

(06-22-2011, 07:45 PM)Synatic Wrote: inspired by WOW2?Smile

world of warcraft? NO
[/quote]

lol sorry, i didn't know u were serious, that day i've seen a post on buffed forums ( some wow site) and there was some kid going about WoW2, an indie developed game made by him and 3 friends, actually he was the producer, a friend can make (the whole!) music and the other one's gonna be community manager, quite a sweet dream for 13 year olds, apparently they've also been looking for "1" programmer to code the whole thing ;D

i truly apologize for comparing you to him, respect for taking this project serious Smile
06-24-2011, 04:03 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

I was done already, but your love for UDK makes things illogical. Are you suggesting BioShock series and Batman: AA is good games because UDK is good? I wouldn't even laugh at that. Although I love those games, the way they look, I hate it. UDK's rendering system is terrible in my taste of visuals.

I'm not quite sure what are you meaning by next-generation, but it looks like you are referring at graphic quality, where Unity3D is capable of ultra high quality rendering. Even though source is an antique engine, Portal 2 looks very good on all platforms. So, is it really a matter of engine capacity?

On, system requirements and optimization, does it really matter whether it's a qualified game when people are not able to play it? I dislike UDK and CryEngine 2&3 for that matters and more.

Also, I hope you are not unaware of the UDK's ToU when it comes to commercial use.

(This post was last modified: 06-24-2011, 04:31 AM by Tanshaydar.)
06-24-2011, 04:29 AM
Website Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Unreal Engine looks really good if you modify it a lot. Normally products produced by it look gaudy and monotone like Blacklight, Gears of War, MoH Airborne, or Bulletstorm. If you modify it beyond the default shaders and such, you can definitely produce gorgeous games like MoH2010, Mass Effect 2, Mirror's Edge, or Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad.

I imagine that if you're going to set your game in metallic environments, you wouldn't need to change much. I've found that, while so many games look too much like plastic, most UE3 games seem to look like they're made out of metal. Of course, if you go with UDK, I recommend you get rid of the hideous bloom. No game deserves something THAT ugly.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
06-24-2011, 05:30 AM
Website Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

What I mean with Next Gen Ready is one that can be the base of the next gen games, Unreal is the base of many of the best upcoming games. I never said that Unity was a bad engine, but it doesn't have the needed support yet.

When will you show us some SS of your project? I'd like to see some since your idea looks interesting enough.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
06-24-2011, 03:42 PM
Find
BlueFury Offline

Threads: 30

people

i know, unreal 3 looks beast
its one of the best out there, but the point of this game is
to make it playable for all computers like amnesia (except intel integrated)
unreal 3, if you use hd shaders and good textures
then it will require 4gb ram/3.0ghz, thats not why we started
(06-24-2011, 03:42 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: When will you show us some SS of your project? I'd like to see some since your idea looks interesting enough.

sorry, no screenshots yet
we just started. normally screenshots come near the end of the game
i will post screenshots soon!!! i hope
and plz dont post SS instead of screenshot

screenshot schutzstaffel, thats not the same. lol
(06-24-2011, 05:30 AM)Lee Wrote: Unreal Engine looks really good if you modify it a lot. Normally products produced by it look gaudy and monotone like Blacklight, Gears of War, MoH Airborne, or Bulletstorm. If you modify it beyond the default shaders and such, you can definitely produce gorgeous games like MoH2010, Mass Effect 2, Mirror's Edge, or Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad.

I imagine that if you're going to set your game in metallic environments, you wouldn't need to change much. I've found that, while so many games look too much like plastic, most UE3 games seem to look like they're made out of metal. Of course, if you go with UDK, I recommend you get rid of the hideous bloom. No game deserves something THAT ugly.

bloom? ugly? i think its beautiful if you use it the right way

Sticks and stones may break our bones, but words will break our hearts. – Robert Fulghum
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2011, 06:48 PM by BlueFury.)
06-24-2011, 06:44 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Use source dude. It never let me down yet. It's really nice and easy to use. For projects like the one you want it is pretty good. Or you can modify HPL1. Unity3d also has an abrangent support for different system, but it requires a certain ammount of knowledge in both programming and 3d design to use. Under source as you know it's intuitive and you've got a HUGE support from the dev community and lots of mods to inspire on.

SS means screenshot, what's the difference?

06-24-2011, 06:51 PM
Find