Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any exploration based maps?
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: Any exploration based maps?

I think all that needs to be done is new monsters introduced. The mere 3 monsters (2 if you.exclude the invisible one) are not enough for custom stories to have anything fresh to stand on. You can only come up with so many different explanations for why the grunt, brute, kaernk, or orb exist before 'been here, done that' settles in.

[Image: signature-2.png]
06-29-2011, 09:46 PM
Find
gremstein Offline

Threads: 2

(06-29-2011, 05:49 AM)AlexRobillard Wrote: No offence, but to me it seems like you putting peoples custom stories down for the things that are supposed to be in them. This is a horror game after all and puzzles could be in them more I agree, but if you want a puzzle game without monsters or scary things then why are you here?

I'm not putting anything down. And yes, I know it's a horror game. This custom stuff takes nothing away from the main game. I liked the main game. But as I mentioned, I also like the control scheme of this game, and I would like to be able to poke around with it without having to avoid a monster every 5 minutes.
If you like the horror aspect that much, fine. I want to see something different, that's all. My exploration games wouldn't stop you from being able to find more scary custom stories, so why does it bother you that I want a custom story where I can just run around without the hassle?
06-30-2011, 04:30 AM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

(06-28-2011, 10:48 PM)JenniferOrange Wrote: I'm working on one right now, meaningful story plot included! Big Grin Fadeout's demo will be released in another 1 or 2 weeks. Don't worry though, I've added a few reasonable scares too. Wink
(nothing like a monster being in your kitchen.. like seriously, who puts a monster in a kitchen? xD)

Frictional games.... xD
06-30-2011, 05:18 PM
Website Find
KikoKuruma Offline

Threads: 5

The story i'm working on, is mostly gonna be this kind of game play, don't get me wrong, i'm gonna try to make it scary as i can, but there's going to be little to none running and hiding.
06-30-2011, 07:46 PM
Find
laser50 Offline

Threads: 22

(06-23-2011, 11:46 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote:
(06-23-2011, 10:09 PM)gremstein Wrote: Hi there. I'm wondering if anyone has any custom stories based purely on exploration and puzzles and stuff like that. Dodging monsters gets old after awhile, but I love exploring in this type of game. Thanks for any reply's. =)

Same here "Chasing monsters and hiding too old and using custom stories too often" But check Amnesia normal game maps there are many puzzles that you can copy and script for your custom story.

I have finished in my Custom Story that "3 books to pull to open secret shelf puzzle" Nice and cool. Smile

Copy? Copying it for People which cant make their own shit.

Current Project: [WIP] Lost Memories
Progress: 15%
CLICK FOR MY MODDB PAGE
06-30-2011, 07:47 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

(06-30-2011, 07:47 PM)laser50 Wrote:
(06-23-2011, 11:46 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote:
(06-23-2011, 10:09 PM)gremstein Wrote: Hi there. I'm wondering if anyone has any custom stories based purely on exploration and puzzles and stuff like that. Dodging monsters gets old after awhile, but I love exploring in this type of game. Thanks for any reply's. =)

Same here "Chasing monsters and hiding too old and using custom stories too often" But check Amnesia normal game maps there are many puzzles that you can copy and script for your custom story.

I have finished in my Custom Story that "3 books to pull to open secret shelf puzzle" Nice and cool. Smile

Copy? Copying it for People which cant make their own shit.

Not copy all that script only changes something in that script.

“Life is a game, play it”
07-01-2011, 09:50 AM
Find