Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request Various models that could be of use to anyone
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
Various models that could be of use to anyone

Hello there! The purpose of this thread is for me to throw out some ideas for models that I plan to use in my own stories, and, of course, that could be of use to anyone in the future! Let's begin, shall we?

1. Human ragdoll corpses with CLOTHES on them. I'm getting a little tired of explaining to my friends, "Oh, those bodies are naked like that because they came with the game. I didn't take their clothes off."

2. Different trees! The pine tree is getting a little overdone, wouldn't you say? Tongue

3. Bathroom appliances. Doesn't it strike you as odd that there isn't a single lavatory in all of Amnesia? When I say bathroom appliances, I don't mean clean, modern toilets and sinks (although those could be neat too!) I mean dirty outhouses, composting toilets, things that fit with the theme of Amnesia's time period.

4. New wall models! Preferably wooden ones similar to the new ones in Justine, but not as fancy as the mansion set. Having good old fashioned lincoln or timber-frame construction would be very refreshing.

That's all for now! Feel free to add to the list if you can think of anything, but stay on topic! No cars! Wink

[Image: signature-2.png]
06-23-2011, 11:42 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
RE: Various models that could be of use to anyone

In regards to 3: my thoughts exactly. I've put it on my considerably long to-do list for my mod to create a water closet entity. Just a box with a bucket in it.

06-23-2011, 11:51 PM
Find
FraytaCentariHM Offline

Threads: 0

Why not just get the bathroom models from Penumbra? I don't know how you would do this, but they do exist.
06-24-2011, 02:12 AM
Website Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

Ceramic toilets were a novelty back in the days Amnesia takes place in. They just used buckets and such or went outside, haha.

06-24-2011, 02:36 AM
Find
cook Offline

Threads: 6

Equivelants of the Mansion seethrough window that could be used on any tileset would be a godsend - dunno if one already exists.
06-24-2011, 02:32 PM
Find
Russ Money Offline

Threads: 25

Are people really that immature that they can't handle naked bodies? So what if there's a penis, grow up so the gaming community as a whole can move on.

06-24-2011, 02:47 PM
Find
Henriksen Offline

Threads: 71

(06-24-2011, 02:47 PM)Russ Money Wrote: Are people really that immature that they can't handle naked bodies? So what if there's a penis, grow up so the gaming community as a whole can move on.

I dont think its the penis itself, but in some scenes it would be unfitting with a naked body. As an example, lets say you find a dead body in the forest or in a bed, it would most likely at least have some underwear on x)
06-24-2011, 02:57 PM
Find
Russ Money Offline

Threads: 25

(06-24-2011, 02:57 PM)teddifisk Wrote:
(06-24-2011, 02:47 PM)Russ Money Wrote: Are people really that immature that they can't handle naked bodies? So what if there's a penis, grow up so the gaming community as a whole can move on.

I dont think its the penis itself, but in some scenes it would be unfitting with a naked body. As an example, lets say you find a dead body in the forest or in a bed, it would most likely at least have some underwear on x)

Makes more sense than most people's reactions on here.

06-24-2011, 03:00 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Right- the only time a naked body actually makes sense is within the context of amnesia, with imprisonment, starvation, and torture being prevailing themes. Naturally Alexander wouldn't allow clothes for prisoners. In custom stories, however, seeing naked dead bodies just seems silly and ruins the immersion ("looks like a monster came through here and murdered this innocent person- and then stripped him naked! Why not?").

[Image: signature-2.png]
06-24-2011, 04:01 PM
Find
DannieWest Offline

Threads: 13

Also makes it possible to actually make the (for example) owner of the hotel to carry the key with him! Then make an area and done, you can grab the key out of his pocket! =)
06-24-2011, 05:30 PM
Find