Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

First Game
Creator Offline

Threads: 2
RE: First Game

New problem, on previous attempts to make a game I used Google Sketchup for modeling but Google Sketchup files won't work with GameCore. How can I convert the files so they are compatible or what is another model editor that is free? When I say model editor I want it to do characters and items.
04-08-2011, 04:23 AM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

Blender of course. Google Sketchup is for architectural sketches.
Plus, if you are beggining I'd have recommended to use Unity as engine since it is simple to use and quite good(and free!). But that's up to you.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2011, 09:24 PM by nemesis567.)
05-15-2011, 09:23 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

Or if you want something serious, UDK is the best.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
05-22-2011, 02:21 PM
Find
kingsgb Offline

Threads: 0

(04-02-2011, 03:30 AM)Creator Wrote: Hello,

A few of my mates and myself are begining to make our own game after being truly inspired by your games especially Penumbra: Black Plague, but it is very slow seeing as none of us have very much experience with the process. We are using GameCore Indie version and so far only have sketched a few ideas on paper and had a bit of play with GameCore. One of my mates is very good at sketching and I pick up ICT quickly so thats a start but we would like to know if you could give us a bit of a kick start?

Yours sincerely,
Creator and Team.

I can make the music for the game. You cannot make a horror game without music.
07-03-2011, 12:54 AM
Find