Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Story Offer?
Synatic Offline

Threads: 2
Story Offer?

sup guys,
i think i'll revive a very old hobby of mine: Writing.

The idea was to create a story on my own, made for the HPL2 Engine and hopefully able to be recreated, my question now is, if i provide the script, is someone willing to map and code it? I'll put alot of heart into it, but i'm not into creating maps and scripting and stuff...

is there anyone interested?

I would like to work with someone who actually has expierience with the editor, as in you will be able to convert most of my ideas to the map itself.

I know there are restrictions to the engine and probably smn will still make voice for that, but during my playthrough of some custom stories and the main story i have a good idea of what is possible and what not.

I was about to start writing when i got that idea to my head i might add a sample later on.
06-30-2011, 11:27 AM
Find
TheDavenia Offline

Threads: 38
RE: Story Offer?

I'll do it xD

Current Project: Nightmare's End(Project Director, Scripter, boss >:D)
06-30-2011, 12:02 PM
Find
Synatic Offline

Actually I started working with Davenia and i think i'm a huge fan of ressource wasting, as in you create something nice, simply to pass by and not give it an appropriate time spent in the area so is there someone else willing to build maps and script?

This is what i want the first 5 minutes to look like:

P awakes on the floor, small room,underground, few boxes, shelves and rotten food, no door, just a hole in the roof. /k

P: 'Where am I? What happend? The last thing I can remember... There isn't.. Why?'

P stacks boxes to get out. /b

Setting: Forest, Bright moonlight, cloud-free night, few stars twinkling, normal sanity, /k

Finds himself in a forest, wanders around, finds an unlit passage down to a small lake.
P reaches the shore, guts are spilled everywhere. /b

Sanity drains while watching at it, but initial sighting will make the camera focus on one object to make the player realise. /k

The blood-stained floor makes him run to the edge of the forest and P makes progress in the safety the shadow provides. /b

/k and /b actually are cursive and big letters in the word file, but i'm too lazy to code it in here now Tongue.
Cursive is map-esque comments. Big is Gameplay related.
P means Protagonist because i did not yet decide on a name.

Does anybody approve?
Also the story comes along with voice acting for a lot of dialog and monolog done by multiple persons. (at least more than 1 Big Grin)
Had to edit the sample due to unsaved changes i made earlier -.-''
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2011, 02:24 PM by Synatic.)
06-30-2011, 01:44 PM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36

I might help with the scripting. Maybe a little of the building too. Smile

06-30-2011, 01:47 PM
Find
xtron Offline

Threads: 37

I wish I could make outdoor levels, I could help you if so m8.

[Image: 44917299.jpg]Dubstep <3
06-30-2011, 02:29 PM
Find
Synatic Offline

Okay a quick update, i disregarded my previous post due to the fact that i got into working with a few people

I am still looking for Mappers and Scripters!

I'll add the first version of the story for now so you get a general idea of my style.

This is turning into a nice project and ill give credit to anyone contributing to it!

Attached Files
.doc   Story.doc (Size: 13.5 KB / Downloads: 112)
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2011, 10:31 PM by Synatic.)
06-30-2011, 02:40 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

Can be a community work... ?

listen to boards of canada
07-01-2011, 01:54 AM
Website Find
Synatic Offline

I'm not sure if i want ANYone contributing to the project, the thing is i have certain ideas for the areas and if too many start working on stuff i might lose the overview and the outcome is not what i expected.

If you are interested or simply need to kill some time you can hit me up on the forums or add me on Steam: SynaticGamer2 or Skype: Conker1337
then i will try to find u a nice little map to work on Smile
07-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Find