Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family FATAL ERROR
Lord Onslaught Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family FATAL ERROR

I just downloaded Amnesia: Dark Descent i run the program and it says
FATAL ERROR: Renderer #0 could not be initialized. Make sure graphics card drivers are up to date. Check log file for more information.

I saw that this intel card doesnt support Opengl at all hardly but is there anyway i could get this game to work?
06-24-2011, 08:34 PM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family FATAL ERROR

Issue is you are using the opensource drivers which lack a bit of functionality. S3TC (texture compression), a bit of GLSL support and a few other things.

Later bleeding edge versions of MesaGL do support the GLSL bits finally, and SOME card drivers correctly support this (mostly older ATI like an r300). but you still need to install a "legally encumbered" library to support the S3TC. (I really hope that patent expires soon)

An easier option would be to get a recent NVidia or ATI card that have drivers that work. Unfortunately this does cost $$$ and is not an option if your system is a laptop.

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
06-24-2011, 08:49 PM
Website Find