Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
[WIP] Anthropomorphism - A team effort
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60
[WIP] Anthropomorphism - A team effort

Hello fellow forum members!

This thread will act as a showcase of our progress and accomplishments of the project Anthropomorphism. We will post pictures, ideas and perhaps movies.

The team members are:
Acies
Palistov
--- lost 3 members ---
Introduction of the story:
Anthropomorphism is a story set in the snowy mountains. You appear in the mountains; cold and hungry. In search of shelter you discover a large castle, which seems abandoned at first. As you discover more you realize that the castle and its foundation cover a vast ground, home to an ancient society.

Features:
A set of characters with unique voice-acting:
The story will recieve added content through interaction with a variety of characters. Each of them tell small parts, which in turn can be merged into a larger picture of this ancient society.

A custom monster:
The story will have its main antagonist; a new monster with new animations.

Custom models:
The story will contain new models, which will be released with the story.

A branched story:
The player will be able solve side-quests of varying difficulty at their own leisure. The main story and puzzles shall be easy to follow. In this way every player create their own unique playthrough of the map, depending on how much exploration is done. More players are (hopefully) accomodated in this way.

Progress:
Work is going slowly. Currently 5 of 6 introduction maps are outlined. We are also working on the side-quest maps. By creating a hub-map, which leads to several maps we can allow mapmakers to be as creative as they want. These hub-levels lead to the side-quest maps, which are knitted together story-wise.

Currently the story is very alpha, but as some maps become close to finished I will upload pictures of them.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2011, 11:53 PM by Acies.)
07-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: [WIP] Anthropomorphism - A team effort

Glad to hear you guys are being so methodical about this. Smile I hope interest stays vivid!

[Image: signature-2.png]
07-01-2011, 08:11 PM
Find
Kurton Offline

Threads: 8

Cool, I like how you are using hub-maps, that really helps to lessen the linearity. And the "ancient society" thing seems like a nice story idea.

Is the new monster an "anthropomorphism"? ;p

(This post was last modified: 07-01-2011, 08:16 PM by Kurton.)
07-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

(07-01-2011, 08:11 PM)Streetboat Wrote: Glad to hear you guys are being so methodical about this. Smile I hope interest stays vivid!

Thank you. I hope so too.

(07-01-2011, 08:15 PM)Kurton Wrote: Cool, I like how you are using hub-maps, that really helps to lessen the linearity. And the "ancient society" thing seems like a nice story idea.

Is the new monster an "anthropomorphism"? ;p

One might speculate Smile

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

07-01-2011, 08:32 PM
Find
Ghostflame Offline

Threads: 0

Well, no words can adequately describe my excitement for this mod, it sounds fantastic. Also, I like what I'm hearing about "main antagonist", not something you see often, if at all. Most people just use Alexander floating like a bitch. I look forward to any progress updates.
07-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Find
Tenno Offline

Threads: 0

This mod sounds extremely detailed and unique, all the features you have mentioned so far sound great, I really look forward to any updates on it. Good luck with this, I don't want to sound negative but I hope that progress runs smoothly and it gets finished.

I wish you all the best Big Grin

[Image: 29069he.gif]
07-02-2011, 06:17 AM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

Sounds great! I hope it will be a big castle to explore.
07-02-2011, 10:04 AM
Website Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

I hope you guys are into creating a solid story. I want to see some beautifully crafted story.

(This post was last modified: 07-02-2011, 10:50 AM by Tanshaydar.)
07-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Website Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

Ye, I am sick of stories you can perfectly denote that they started building the map and then made an history for that map instead of letting the opposite happen. An history needs detailing, loads of work, and most of all needs to be written and perfected before any of the other work starts. Minor changes are made in the middle of the development, but nothing that changes the main storyline.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
07-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

So why is this called Anthropomorphism...exactly?
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2011, 07:26 PM by Hunter of Shadows.)
07-05-2011, 07:26 PM
Website Find