Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Spencer Mansion
AlexxShadenk777 Offline

Threads: 5
Spencer Mansion

Hi everyone. I've been lurking around for a couple of weeks, learning how to use the level editor and downloading some models that I possibly will use. But I was expecting to find more stuff available to download by themselves, though the amount of custom stories is already quite big -- I'll definitely get around to play through all of them.

I was working on this concept revolving around being locked inside your own bedroom and attempt to find a way to leave, while giving it a haunted house sorta feel, but somewhat scrapped this idea, as originally wanted to do put it to work inside a bathroom, but the level editor does not provide any bathroom-related objects or entities of any kind. It may be historically accurate for Amnesia, but if I'm not mistaken there's a hospital custom story? I figure that must have some bathroom stuff in it... but if there is, shouldn't a standalone bundle of them be released for the community to download freely? Would be nice, it'd definitely open up some more exploration options.

Finally, I've decided to work on something else, and that is to recreate the Spencer Mansion from Resident Evil. Though not pixel by pixel, I'm taking liberties to use whatever is available in the level editor that can work + models the community has made (with the intention of putting the names of the respective creators in the credits). Surely some more people would be interested in a collaboration with this, the mansion itself is huge, and even if I intend on building it entirely by myself, it's just too much for one person to do. Depending on the amount of people interested, I think it would be fair to have each person build 1-2 perhaps 3 rooms at a time.

I'm not finished with the main hall but as soon as it's halfway presentable I will post some screenshots/a video, hopefully later on today.

Moreover, I will gladly take screenshots of the original mansion in RE1 or REmake with an emulator for the sake of convenient reference. Again, this is not pixel by pixel, think of it as taking the basic structure of the mansion and adapting to it.
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2011, 09:26 AM by AlexxShadenk777.)
07-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Find
AlexxShadenk777 Offline

RE: Hi everyone / Collaboration anyone?

Progress video. Let me know what you think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZUebcJUvIE
07-02-2011, 10:00 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65
RE: Spencer Mansion / Collaboration anyone?

Some new models would help you quite a lot.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
07-03-2011, 01:22 AM
Find
Henriksen Offline

Threads: 71

This looks awesome o.O
07-03-2011, 03:05 AM
Find
AlexxShadenk777 Offline

@nemesis567: Indeed, but I have 0 modelling skills. I can still manage with what the editor provides, anyway.

@teddifisk: Thanks.

Here's another progress video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObfvXoUCK_Q
07-05-2011, 05:37 PM
Find
Zypherzemus Offline

Threads: 7

Double door fix??

I have a way you could have the double doors open the same way, the only downfall is the sound.

On your double doors, turn the left door as if it were being opened like a double door, then center it on the door frame, not too close though or it won't "close", set the opened amount to "1" then there ya go, I wish I had some pictures, but my Level Editor isn't cooperating properly right now.
07-06-2011, 05:15 AM
Find
AlexxShadenk777 Offline

Not sure if I understood your instructions but I'll... try to make that work.
07-06-2011, 12:44 PM
Find
Zypherzemus Offline

Threads: 7

(07-06-2011, 12:44 PM)AlexxShadenk777 Wrote: Not sure if I understood your instructions but I'll... try to make that work.

Maybe this will help?
07-06-2011, 10:01 PM
Find
H. Filipe Offline

Threads: 6

What Snuffalofagus is trying to say is:

[Image: lolznu.th.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2011, 11:18 AM by H. Filipe.)
07-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Find
AlexxShadenk777 Offline

Thanks, I got it to work; however I think I'm gonna let the doors stay this way, cuz I don't want the door making a closing sound when it's all the way open.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2011, 10:43 PM by AlexxShadenk777.)
07-08-2011, 10:37 PM
Find