Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What makes you go on?
cook Offline

Threads: 6
RE: What makes you go on?

Hobby, and a very fun one at that.
07-03-2011, 06:54 AM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

(07-03-2011, 04:16 AM)Acies Wrote: You sound quite cynical in your first post. Perhaps it is something based on jealousness. I'm going to ignore that though.

I do it for the sake of creativity. Some people are good at painting, some are good at making music, some might be good at acting. I feel that neither of these satisfy my needs for creativity, therefore I create stuff for Amnesia.

"You know that you won't get anything with it, nothing. So, it's an hard effort put into something for no apparent reason."

I certainly do not view modmaking in this way. I do not need a pat on the shoulder, a reward or money for expressing my creativity. My reward is the enjoyment of creating something, not the approval of others; therefore point 1-3 appears excessive. Point 4 is something which may be applicable, if it would refer to my experience in modeling (as everthing else is specific to amnesia mapmaking). I however view that as a bonus.

The closest option for something correct would be number 5. Defining it as a hobby is quite a wide term though, as the definition itself come with no apparent motivation.

The sole reason to why I'm uploading what I'm making is because of the community of the forum. It's an awesome community, which deserve added content.
You have to understand that not everyone is like you, what would I be jealous about? Besides, I'm finding interesting in severall ways to know the different reasons why to build free stuff.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2011, 01:34 PM by nemesis567.)
07-03-2011, 01:32 PM
Find
nkmol Offline

Threads: 19

experience and ofc a hobby now Tongue

i always wanted to make my own stuff. That i can say how it works, even can say how it looks like Smile
i hope i get better and better whith these things Smile
maybe a couple more years and somebody wants to buy my models?xDD
07-03-2011, 10:56 PM
Find
Russ Money Offline

Threads: 25

Experience, Bringing other entertainment, Keeping myself busy.

You'll never know how awesome it is to watch someone play your story on YouTube and freak out. It's the best.

07-04-2011, 01:02 AM
Find
Nye Offline

Threads: 8

I'm just too stupeddd to realise there is no money to gain :p

07-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Find
Henriksen Offline

Threads: 71

Knowing that a blue naked flying man awaits me Smile (Penis <3)

lol J/K
07-04-2011, 01:37 PM
Find