Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What does Agrippa REALLY say?
awsh Offline

Threads: 3
What does Agrippa REALLY say?

What DOES Agrippa really say? I'm sure noone actually listens to him, (Lol, sorry Frictional, but it's kinda true.) So what does Agrippa really say? Any backstory or clues or something? Also, NUMBER 1000 THREAD, W00T!!! ( On general discussion)
OK, I need to move this. I posted it into Penumbra stuff... >_< Anyone help me?

You just lost the game.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2011, 10:02 PM by awsh.)
07-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Website Find
JenniferOrange Offline

Threads: 43
RE: What does Agrippa REALLY say?

You can read all of what he says if you go here:
redist>config>lang_main>english.lang
That's Amnesia's language file. Use Edit>Find (for Notepad users) and search for Agrippa_Strained
That's the start of Agrippa's chat with Daniel. Go ahead and read all of it! Smile

Ba-da bing, ba-da boom.
07-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Find
JD Zombie Offline

Threads: 3

(07-02-2011, 10:01 PM)awsh Wrote: What DOES Agrippa really say? I'm sure noone actually listens to him.

I listened to him. Dodgy

I even stood around a bit and listened to his idle chatter.

Dedicated to the butterfly.
07-02-2011, 11:46 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Yeah, he says a lot of interesting things btw.
Too bad he start to repeats after a while

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
07-03-2011, 12:48 AM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

I listened to him, because sometimes having a friendly voice around was nicer then dodging monsters or finding out about disturbing torture practices
07-03-2011, 02:52 AM
Website Find
Leu Radu Offline

Threads: 1

(07-03-2011, 02:52 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: I listened to him, because sometimes having a friendly voice around was nicer then dodging monsters or finding out about disturbing torture practices

Yes! Having someone to listen to was great. Finally, I met a friendly living (well, kind of) soul in that forsaken castle!

07-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Find
Serena Offline

Threads: 2

(07-03-2011, 01:19 PM)Leu Radu Wrote:
(07-03-2011, 02:52 AM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: I listened to him, because sometimes having a friendly voice around was nicer then dodging monsters or finding out about disturbing torture practices

Yes! Having someone to listen to was great. Finally, I met a friendly living (well, kind of) soul in that forsaken castle!

Totally agree; Agrippas was the first human voice I'd heard that wasnt screaming horrible death. I was both off-put and relieved when I first met him. It was a great place to take a break and let the shock of everything soak in for a bit, very well done hub-level. I sat down specifically hoping Agrippa had some information that could help me understand what was going on, and indeed he did.
He explains why Alexander has his spirit trapped and even hints at some kind of battle between the two of them, or perhaps some treachery. I went from frantically happy to see him to suddenly wary cuz I realized there simply were no good-guys in the world, regardless of the conviction or sense of noble-ness any of them thought they had. I was a pawn in a battle for other-worldly power; whether Agrippa or Alexander's motivations for wanting that power were ethical or not.

Long story short, Agrippa really says 'lets GTFO out of here'. Whether Agrippa's Ending or Alexander's Ending were more nobler or just than the other is unknown to me.
07-03-2011, 10:15 PM
Find