Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Isle
Kurton Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Isle

(07-04-2011, 09:44 PM)Janni1234 Wrote: I deleted the door in the level editor, where you must use the sword :D

Eh, just as well I suppose! ;)

07-04-2011, 09:48 PM
Find
Tenno Offline

Threads: 0

Ok, I got the fixed version and everything worked fine and I'm so glad it did because I would have hated to miss out on this gem. The atmosphere you achieved was one of the best and most terrifying in any story I have played along with the well placed monster appearances and events. The story was unique and never got boring. The only problem with this one is the length, a little short but, lots of scares have been packed into it Tongue

I love your work, In Memory was fantastic and so is this, can't wait to see what you create next, good luck with everything Big Grin

[Image: 29069he.gif]
07-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Find
Kurton Offline

(07-04-2011, 08:09 PM)Dark Knight Wrote: btw, in that room(near the falling to abyss) - monster stuck in doors and cant move
[Image: bugow.th.jpg]
thats only simple bug that i experiencing..

I want to know, is this happening to anyone else? Just in case it warrants another patch, I want this to be more or less problem-free for when I get the ModDB page up. And thanks to everyone for the help, sorry this turned from Release into Open Beta-Test ;)

07-06-2011, 12:31 AM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Holy hell, man, great storytelling. The prose in your notes is amazing and really draws me into the atmosphere. Using strong, effective language in notes in the games is something I wanna see more custom stories. And the story you had along with it- amazing! Great original use of the Amnesia props without resorting to making an allusion to Amnesia. I love it when mod-makers actually just use the Amnesia props, enemies, and engine to make their own scary shit, with a fresh new story to boot. I liked the 'monster' a lot!

Spoiler below!
My jaw dropped when I got to the maw. Amazing use of that tunnel prop.

[Image: signature-2.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2011, 04:59 AM by Streetboat.)
07-12-2011, 04:59 AM
Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13

This is a really awesome custom story, great job man! Nice story and really cool ending. I loved how you used the statics in smart ways to create all the different looking areas, every room looked unique even though it was all the dungeonbase set. The new music was good too and helped in creating a good, scary atmosphere.

What I didn't like was the "find key to door" type of puzzle that was almost the only puzzles in there. The keys were never hard to find or anything so it felt kinda pointless. Maybe it would have been better to design the levels so that keys wouldn't be necessary, more linear?

If found a few odd things or bugs as well:
The room you had to "feed" had missing ceiling.
The little sewer-like channel (where red mist and shadow-meat pops up), it had no visible water texture or surface.
In your dream after you pass out, the room you wake up in, one of the tables were invisible with items still standing on it (floating in the air).

So, really great story, can't wait to see what you come up with next! Smile
07-12-2011, 06:36 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

My first played unique story ever. So beautiful atmosphere and that lighting was amazing! Very original design.. Glad to see more of your work!

Make more unique stories and same beautiful as this Wink

“Life is a game, play it”
07-17-2011, 06:21 PM
Find
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48

I played many custom stories before, and this one was one of the best!!
Really cool ending btw!

Keep making those custom stories, my friend!

07-18-2011, 08:08 PM
Find
MrCookieh Offline

A very nice custom story!
It has a wonderful creepy atmosphere, a good level design and although
it's quite short, it has a wonderful storyline.

I'm impressed, keep up the good work, sir!

Spoiler below!
But you should remove the sword. A sword is a weapon, which can be used to kill people.
Since it doesn't have a function in your story, it could be misleading, although it looks nice :3
07-18-2011, 08:39 PM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

(07-18-2011, 08:39 PM)MrCookieh Wrote: A very nice custom story!
It has a wonderful creepy atmosphere, a good level design and although
it's quite short, it has a wonderful storyline.

I'm impressed, keep up the good work, sir!

Spoiler below!
But you should remove the sword. A sword is a weapon, which can be used to kill people.
Since it doesn't have a function in your story, it could be misleading, although it looks nice :3

Spoiler below!
Ignore this obviously senile man! The sword is amazing! I demand more swords!

(This post was last modified: 07-18-2011, 08:42 PM by Cryaotic.)
07-18-2011, 08:41 PM
Find
MrCookieh Offline

(07-18-2011, 08:41 PM)Cryaotic Wrote:
Spoiler below!
Ignore this obviously senile man! The sword is amazing! I demand more swords!

I watched your vids, and that's why I said:
Spoiler below!
It's for nothing! You can't even kill a monster with it! Nor you can stab rocks! Dammit! Tongue

Ontopic
Spoiler below!
Maybe you can make it harder to escape the prison, where you start at? Not just running to the next door,
and you're free. Seems a bit illogical for me.
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2011, 10:04 PM by MrCookieh.)
07-18-2011, 08:43 PM
Find