Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.22 Average
My First Custom Story - Richard's Manor
DRedshot Offline

Threads: 23
RE: My First Custom Story - Richard's Manor

thanks! i'm glad you liked it, thanks for the feedback Smile

07-09-2011, 11:45 PM
Find
Essen Offline

Threads: 2

I have just question,part with door(You called it in editor "trap"),it's in that room on left when you start,that small room,defeaultly named hatch ceiling door or whatever,it's just door you can have on ground and open it(hope you know what I mean).
How did you made it work?
I tried just test on my custom story and when I opened it,there was wall.
I wanted to look in editor to get info about it,if there is any "door way" for it,is it?
07-10-2011, 08:36 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

It was ok. But very bad dont make always "Searching keys another door and so on. I really enjoyed monsters and "Red room effects" but remember it's really annoying when you hide the closet for grunt or brute then wait 1min or more. Just make timers with monsters like "When monster appears he has 20s then he is gone. Like that.

For your first map it was good. But make next time puzzles like usinr other items on door. "example hammer, needle, crowbar" way more interesting and enjoyable. Smile

“Life is a game, play it”
07-10-2011, 08:45 AM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

Well... The needle is just like a key, but it's a way to be creative I guess Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2011, 09:05 AM by skypeskype.)
07-10-2011, 09:04 AM
Website Find
DRedshot Offline

Thanks for the feedback, i know that keys are a bit dull and boring, but when i first started this map, i only knew how to use keys in my story, so i went a bit crazy with the key placement, i was constantly improving my scripting as i made this map, and as i got towards the end i started thinking 'I could make a much better map than this!, which is why it is a bit short - because i started working on a new custom story. Also, for my next custom story i will bear your second point about the monsters in mind, the effect i wanted in this map didn't work, i wanted the monster to permanantly patrol, because i thought it would be unexpected, so im sorry that didn't work! Now i've been using the editor for nearly three months, and you probably know how much you can improve with scripting in that space of time, so hopefullyyou will find my next map a bit more creative and interesting.

Edit: Essen, just use four planes to create a hole in the middle, there is no frame for the hatch, just build it with primitives, hope that helps Smile

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2011, 11:39 AM by DRedshot.)
07-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Find
Dankelt Offline

Threads: 0

I am in the first room, at the start, and have NO fucking clue what to do. I've searched the entire room, clicked every single clickable thing possible. HELP?!
07-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Find
9903286 Offline

Threads: 3

Link down Sad (The second one)
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2011, 01:40 PM by 9903286.)
08-02-2011, 01:40 PM
Find
DRedshot Offline

The original post has the updated link now, just use that one, the second link is outdated.

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2011, 01:58 PM by DRedshot.)
08-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Find
Stanton Offline

Threads: 0

I am in this situation: i have only metal key, i found all other keys including key in red torture room or bedroom, i opened small storage and there is just a letter and dunno where to go ahead, somebody help me with that, i noticed i am not only one with this problem
08-02-2011, 03:23 PM
Find
DRedshot Offline

Spoiler below!
There is a trapdoor in the ceiling in the small storage room, have you seen it? This is a very old custom story, which i made when i could barely script a door to swing open. My newer custom story is better, (The Visitor) so i apologise for all of the hidden stuff, it was the only way i could make the game last more than 2 minutes

08-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Find