Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New windows update unveils graphical glitch in Amnesia
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago New windows update unveils graphical glitch in Amnesia

So I just got an automatic windows update (Windows 7 Professional), and certain parts of Amnesia are suddenly fucked. For some reason all 'chain' materials are messed up and glitchy, as are some hanging chandeliers. Have a look, I took this picture in the editor from the Nave level:
[Image: wtfamnesia.jpg]
It looks the exact same way in-game. It's also the same thing for anything with chains (supports on pipes, hanging lanterns, etc). It seems to flicker and change when you get closer and move around it.

It's really ugly!

[Image: signature-2.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2011, 07:30 PM by Streetboat.)
07-09-2011, 08:40 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: New windows update unveils graphical glitch in Amnesia

attach us here the file HPL.log found under Documents\Amnesia\Main folder. What did Windows update? You can see that through the history of Windows Update.
07-10-2011, 01:03 AM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: New windows update unveils graphical glitch in Amnesia

Here's the HPL.log. As for the update, the only update is an update to Windows Games Live, and I don't think that would affect it? I think it might be directX, since I updated that recently when I installed GTAIV.
Okay, I figured out what the problem is. Can someone send me their version of chandelier_simple_illum.dds? It's located in entities/lamps/chandelier_simple. Mine appears to have gotten all fucked up for some reason. It's not a graphical glitch, the game is working just fine, it's just trying to use an illumination texture that's been destroyed.

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2011, 04:27 PM by Streetboat.)
07-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

just reinstall the game or if you have steam do a file verification check.

Btw, the HPL.log that you gave if is not the correct one ore even the right file. Attach us here the file HPL.log found under Documents\Amnesia\Main folder.
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2011, 06:04 PM by plutomaniac.)
07-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

If I reinstall the game, I'll have to go back and back up all the custom stories and custom entities I have accumulated. It'd be far easier to just replace that one texture, all someone has to do is go to that file, drag and drop it to http://www.mediafire.com, and give me the link. It'd be greatly appreciated. Smile

And that is the HPL.log from the Amnesia main directory. There's only one.

07-12-2011, 06:06 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

(07-12-2011, 06:06 PM)Streetboat Wrote: If I reinstall the game, I'll have to go back and back up all the custom stories and custom entities I have accumulated. It'd be far easier to just replace that one texture, all someone has to do is go to that file, drag and drop it to http://www.mediafire.com, and give me the link. It'd be greatly appreciated. Smile

And that is the HPL.log from the Amnesia main directory. There's only one.

there are two HPL.logs. The first is at Documents\Amnesia\Main folder and the other one at Amnesia Program Files folder. I want the Documents one. Anyway, the file is attached.
07-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Oh wow I'm sorry, I totally glossed over the documents part of that! Haha, oops. Here's the right log.

Annnd the file you sent me worked! Thank you very much. It really was just a corrupted texture, I don't have any idea how it happened. All better now! Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2011, 07:30 PM by Streetboat.)
07-12-2011, 07:26 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

great, have fun! Smile
07-12-2011, 08:33 PM
Find