Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.3 Average
My new custom story - The Visitor
DRedshot Offline

Threads: 23
My new custom story - The Visitor

I have released my second custom story called 'The Visitor'

I have focused a lot on the lighting and overall atmosphere, as well as puzzles. The map will contain some scares, but this wasn't my main focus. I've spent a lot of time making this (couple of months) and i hope you like the look of it!

hope you like it!

note - you will need justine to play it, also it uses a couple of custom entities, so feel free to use them in your own story.

Download Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?5dx2ptyzsu6hksr

Attached Files
.jpg   customstorypic1.jpg (Size: 33.71 KB / Downloads: 441)
.jpg   customstorypic2.jpg (Size: 23.78 KB / Downloads: 301)
.jpg   customstorypic3.jpg (Size: 13.3 KB / Downloads: 295)
.jpg   customstorypic4.jpg (Size: 36.3 KB / Downloads: 384)

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2011, 07:41 PM by DRedshot.)
07-09-2011, 11:41 PM
Find
Kurton Offline

Threads: 8
RE: My new custom story

The billboards in the first shot should be more transparent, they're too bright for that dark, eerie environment.

I like the fourth pic best, it feels the most cold and lonely.

07-10-2011, 01:11 AM
Find
Tenno Offline

Threads: 0

Screens look good, waiting for a release Tongue

[Image: 29069he.gif]
07-10-2011, 02:56 AM
Find
DRedshot Offline

it should be done soon, mainly scripting left to do, also, thanks Kurton for that tip, that room looks much better!

07-10-2011, 03:08 AM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

Awsome pics. The level design seems to be very good ! Can't wait to play this one Smile
07-10-2011, 09:03 AM
Website Find
DRedshot Offline

It's been released now Smile hope you enjoy it!
by the way, sorry for the inconvenience to everyone who has downloaded it so far, but you will run nto a slight problem later in the game. I've patched it now so you can redownload it. If you can't be bothered here is the solution (partly):
Spoiler below!
the 'mechanism' in the corridor has been scripted slightly wrong, so basically its back to front. lever 1 = lever 6, lever 6 = lever 1 etc... to solve it just work out the solution as normal, but enter it back to front... Sorry about that Smile

(This post was last modified: 07-20-2011, 04:58 PM by DRedshot.)
07-20-2011, 04:03 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

(07-20-2011, 04:03 PM)DRedshot Wrote: It's been released now Smile hope you enjoy it!
by the way, sorry for the inconvenience to everyone who has downloaded it so far, but you will run nto a slight problem later in the game. I've patched it now so you can redownload it. If you can't be bothered here is the solution (partly):
Spoiler below!
the 'mechanism' in the corridor has been scripted slightly wrong, so basically its back to front. lever 1 = lever 6, lever 6 = lever 1 etc... to solve it just work out the solution as normal, but enter it back to front... Sorry about that Smile

Hey, I played and its Amazing story so far. So many puzzles and stuff.

But one problem:

Spoiler below!
I have now two chemical bottles from cellar and I have used from that bucket one of them chemicals, but I have now Empty bucket, and one chemical left what I supposed to do now?

When I was in the cellar, and have that crowbar and going upstairs used crowbar that broken lock door then Monster was chasing me and I died. before this "I heard explosion and one of the hallway collapses with rocks. and now I spawned from the cellar start, I can't go anymore that underground the cellar I think i need to use that bucket to extinguish that bonfire one of the rooms. But I can't go there? Please tell me what I do now?

Iteas at the moment: Bucket empty, Two hammers, that one chemical bottle and 3 lanterns xD Maybe bug or something

“Life is a game, play it”
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2011, 05:34 PM by HumiliatioN.)
07-20-2011, 05:33 PM
Find
DRedshot Offline

(07-20-2011, 05:33 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote:
(07-20-2011, 04:03 PM)DRedshot Wrote: It's been released now Smile hope you enjoy it!
Spoiler below!

But one problem:

Spoiler below!
I have now two chemical bottles from cellar and I have used from that bucket one of them chemicals, but I have now Empty bucket, and one chemical left what I supposed to do now?

When I was in the cellar, and have that crowbar and going upstairs used crowbar that broken lock door then Monster was chasing me and I died. before this "I heard explosion and one of the hallway collapses with rocks. and now I spawned from the cellar start, I can't go anymore that underground the cellar I think i need to use that bucket to extinguish that bonfire one of the rooms. But I can't go there? Please tell me what I do now?

Iteas at the moment: Bucket empty, Two hammers, that one chemical bottle and 3 lanterns xD Maybe bug or something

hmm very strange lol, I think you might have script debug on, that would explain all of the lanterns, also do you have 30+ tinderboxes?
Spoiler below!

That problem with the extra chemical is a bug, you should only have one chemical after using the water (complete mixture) and the bucket is not needed to extinguish the fire, I was going to use the bucket but unfortunately i decided not to. Also, try loading, it autosaves quite often but i still havent got the hang of checkpoints, so i haven't used those. sorry about that Big Grin

edit: you should have used the sulphur on the saltpetre and on the water, im not sue why it's bugged, i ran through the story twice today before releasing... I guess i should ask for playtesters before releasing the story in the future Smile

(This post was last modified: 07-20-2011, 05:47 PM by DRedshot.)
07-20-2011, 05:41 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

(07-20-2011, 05:41 PM)DRedshot Wrote:
(07-20-2011, 05:33 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote:
Spoiler below!

But one problem:

Spoiler below!

hmm very strange lol, I think you might have script debug on, that would explain all of the lanterns, also do you have 30+ tinderboxes?
Spoiler below!

That problem with the extra chemical is a bug, you should only have one chemical after using the water (complete mixture) and the bucket is not needed to extinguish the fire, I was going to use the bucket but unfortunately i decided not to. Also, try loading, it autosaves quite often but i still havent got the hang of checkpoints, so i haven't used those. sorry about that Big Grin

Okay tell me now some little tip what i need to do now?

“Life is a game, play it”
07-20-2011, 05:44 PM
Find
DRedshot Offline

RE: My new custom story - The Visitor

ok ill tell you what to do, since youre stuck Wink
Spoiler below!
Ok, so first, i'm not sure exactly what you have done. if you have a chemical called 'Aqueous Mixture' then all is good, there is no bugs, and the solution is simple: go to 'the corridors' solve the mechanism puzzle in the third room on the left, (you must get the top and bottom to equal 9) enter that room, pick up the container. Go into the far room on the left, put the chem container in the machine, put the container at the end, and voila! you have your chemical. If you dont have Aqueous mixture, im sorry but you have found a bug! i will fix it soon.

07-20-2011, 05:55 PM
Find