Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switchable graphics - AMD card not detected
superninja Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Switchable graphics - AMD card not detected

Hi,

I've just installed the demo on my computer.
The game launches fine.

However, when I start a new game, I can see subtitles, the crosshair, the journal, the escape menu, and hear sounds - but I cannot see any 3d graphics as it is just a black screen.

My computer is a new 2nd gen Inspiron 15R N5110.
4 gigs ram.
i3 2.1 Ghz intel processor.

It has a switchable graphics system with an Intel HD integrated card, along with an AMD 6470M discrete graphics card.

It seems that when I launch the game it only detects the Intel HD card and not the AMD card. Through the catalyst control center for the AMD card, I have tried setting the game applications to high-performance mode, but it doesn't seem to switch properly in spite of this.

I have tried looking at other messageboards for a solution however I could not find any relevant ones...help would be much appreciated Smile

07-11-2011, 04:17 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Switchable graphics - AMD card not detected

I think the solution is to update the drivers to the very latest for both the AMD and Intel graphics.
07-11-2011, 05:46 AM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Switchable graphics - AMD card not detected

such laptops have a problem when it comes to understand which card to use. I have not found a solution yet, it must be the power options. Try going to power options and select the High Performace profile. See if that helps. Otherwise, to to Intel site and download the latest driver for your embedded Intel HD card which should be version 2361.
07-11-2011, 08:56 AM
Find
superninja Offline

Threads: 1

(07-11-2011, 08:56 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: such laptops have a problem when it comes to understand which card to use. I have not found a solution yet, it must be the power options. Try going to power options and select the High Performace profile. See if that helps. Otherwise, to to Intel site and download the latest driver for your embedded Intel HD card which should be version 2361.

Okay I have updated the AMD card driver and there is no difference.

When I downloaded the Intel 2361 driver from Dell, a message came up saying that the driver I am about to install is older than my current driver version.

If I check my driver version through the Intel graphics properties...it says the current version I am using is 8.15.10.2342

Then when I check the Intel card driver version in device manager, the Intel card says it is using 8.811.1.5000, which strangely is the same driver version as my AMD card.

I don't know why there are two different driver versions listed for the same card...so I don't know if its a good idea to update that driver?
07-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

install both latest drivers for your system from Dell site(AMD and Intel ones). It should work then.
07-11-2011, 06:47 PM
Find