Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Frictional's project.
jenskaj1 Offline

Threads: 2
Frictional's project.

Now i know frictional is working on a new engine but i'm not aware of anything else coming with it, their obviously busy on a new game but still, did they say or announce anything? do you think it might be a amnesia sequel?
07-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: Frictional's project.

There WON'T be an Amnesia sequel. That's stated by developers countless times.
For the new engine development, you can follow their development blog: http://frictionalgames.blogspot.com/

07-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Website Find
jenskaj1 Offline

well that's sad, the storyline and characters are just unique, but i'm certain you guys can pull off a game even better <3

but for the love of god, keep the voice actor of Daniel
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2011, 05:40 PM by jenskaj1.)
07-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

I wanted to see a game more like Penumbra.

More physical puzzles.
More ideas.
More hidden items.
More interacting system.
More "alone" feeling.
Not only monster dead-runs.
Item information system.

Amnesia was great, but Penumbra is more adventure. I love Penumbra Overture, there is less monster action and more physical based puzzles. Best game by Frictional in this time.
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2011, 05:49 PM by Googolplex.)
07-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I have to agree with Googolplex, Penumbra had a lot of small things that made it seem more like an adventure game. Amnesia felt like it was made to make the player rush and not examine your environment for interesting facts.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
07-12-2011, 05:52 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

It's true that Amnesia was designed to be a very focused experience. That has pluses and minuses, as people elaborated on, which is why they're going a new direction with the new project. I thought it worked well for Amnesia, but is best left beyond as they move forward until they want to come back to it with fresh eyes after a few new and different games under their belt. They accomplished a very singular game with Amnesia and it would be jarring to try to continue with the same plot elements in a vastly different and more expansive environment/gameplay style.
07-12-2011, 06:14 PM
Find