Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with Notes in development environment
Linus Ågren Offline

Threads: 58
Problem with Notes in development environment

I have always worked with my mods by going into custom stories and starting it from there, but now I decided to give the development environment a shot. Problem now is that my note is missing its text.
If I play it normally, the text is there but not with the development environment settings.

Is there some setting I've forgotten or something?

Creator of The Dark Treasure.
07-14-2011, 02:21 AM
Website Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
RE: Problem with Notes in development environment

I heard a while back that opening a map in a custom story without actually loading it from the custom story menu does NOT load up the story's lang file. Consequently your text/notes/diaries and such will not show up. It may not be true, but it seems like it's happening to you! Apparently when you load a map directly on game launch the way the dev environment does, it doesn't load your lang file.

My personal dev environment involves me simply loading my story from the custom story menu. It takes literally 5 seconds longer to do, just do everything listed in the dev environment tutorial but do not put false under the ShowMenu option.

This way you'll skip the pre-menu title screen, and you'll still have your debug menu and other dev environment goodies, but your lang file will still load up with your story since you launched it via the custom story menu. Good luck!

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2011, 11:12 AM by palistov.)
07-14-2011, 11:12 AM
Find