Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem downloading 1.2
MCT Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Problem downloading 1.2

Hi, I just finished the game today and thought it was great! I tried to download the 1.2 version so I could play the Justine part but it doesn't seem to be on my computer after it says it installed it. I tried doing this twice. Once I chose "run" and once "save and run". I looked at the program files and don't see anything that refers to Justine, and at the launch page, there is no option to click on Justine. I bought this from Amazon in March 2011 as a download and I have windows 7. Just wondered if there is something I could do to remedy this situation. Thank you!Confused
07-18-2011, 02:39 AM
Find
TFEF Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Problem downloading 1.2

If you downloaded it from Amazon, the update you downloaded installed incorrectly. Go to this:

C:/Program Files/Amnesia/redist and copy everything in there. In the main Amazon Amnesia folder, which is wherever there is a bunch of folders with names similar to 'entities', 'commentary' and 'static objects', you have to paste all the files you found in the redist folder. After you do this, the game should be updated.
07-18-2011, 02:48 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Use this patch for Amazon and retail version,
http://www.valusoftsupport.com/KBArticle.asp?kbid=6210
07-18-2011, 06:57 AM
Website Find
MCT Offline

Threads: 2

(07-18-2011, 06:57 AM)jens Wrote: Use this patch for Amazon and retail version,
http://www.valusoftsupport.com/KBArticle.asp?kbid=6210

Thanks for the advice, but when I downloaded this a message from the installation wizard appears that says no previous edition of the Dark Descent is detected on my computer! But it is there of course! I seem to be out of luck.

(07-18-2011, 02:48 AM)TFEF Wrote: If you downloaded it from Amazon, the update you downloaded installed incorrectly. Go to this:

C:/Program Files/Amnesia/redist and copy everything in there. In the main Amazon Amnesia folder, which is wherever there is a bunch of folders with names similar to 'entities', 'commentary' and 'static objects', you have to paste all the files you found in the redist folder. After you do this, the game should be updated.

I'm a little afraid to try this, I'm afraid I'll mess up my existing game. I'm too inexperienced dealing with files and such. But I will look at it and see if I can manage it. Thanks for your advice!
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2011, 07:38 AM by MCT.)
07-18-2011, 07:36 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

You have the file Jens told you to download, ok? Hopefully you can extract it's contents easily by using WinRar, which most people have. Right click the .exe and try extracting it with winrar if it is possible. I'm downloading it right now to see myself if there is a way to unpack it. After that it is a piece of cake, you just replace. We'll see...

EDIT: It can not be unpacked easily as I though. Have you updated the game to v1.01 and now you want to v1.2? I think the installer only detects version 1.0 and not 1.01
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2011, 12:57 PM by plutomaniac.)
07-18-2011, 09:48 AM
Find