Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Infected+Dog from Penumbra to Amnesia (Unbirth - EtD)
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: Infected+Dog from Penumbra to Amnesia (Unbirth - EtD)

Hi plutomaniac thnx for all of your hard work, it sure helped a lot people who wanna make penumbra custom stories/mods. But I wanna ask one question, not sure if you take requests but could you convert the roach to actually work in amnesia? lol just played the tech demo today and simply liked the roach for some reason since it's a monster I never seen before. But I would happily use it and thnx. I'm thinking about a story that might fit this kind of creature, thnx.

I'll credit you for all your hard work Wink

(This post was last modified: 07-28-2014, 08:34 PM by Radical Batz.)
07-28-2014, 08:26 PM
Find
victorkim890(KimmyChimmy) Offline

Threads: 1

a roach monster chasing you?

07-30-2014, 09:22 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

(07-28-2014, 08:26 PM)Badcat5550 Wrote: Hi plutomaniac thnx for all of your hard work, it sure helped a lot people who wanna make penumbra custom stories/mods. But I wanna ask one question, not sure if you take requests but could you convert the roach to actually work in amnesia? lol just played the tech demo today and simply liked the roach for some reason since it's a monster I never seen before. But I would happily use it and thnx. I'm thinking about a story that might fit this kind of creature, thnx.

I haven't dealt with 3d model modding since 2011-2012 so I can't really be of any help. You need to have the tools that FG used back then (2006-2007) like Maya 2007 and those .dae importers/exporters otherwise you'll encounter problems.

I remember that the roach had some displaced bones or similar which were corrupting the texture in HPL2. My guess is that you need the right old importer/exporter to fix this first and then re-export it with a latter version of Maya + DAE exporter which is compatible with HPL2.

That's for the completed roach that FG actually used in-game. The game files have 3 different roach enemies which are not the same. There is one that I was able to export properly (without the texture or bones being fucked) but was lacking any real animations or those included with it would always crash the engine. So in 2011 I did some tricks to allow the roach to use a few Infected animations/sounds with the end result being the video below. Note that it was made for fun and it could not hurt you as the model was unfinished and not solid for some reason.

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2014, 12:10 PM by plutomaniac.)
07-31-2014, 12:03 PM
Find