Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Any News On The Next Instalment?
Brennenburg Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Any News On The Next Instalment?

(07-21-2011, 09:56 AM)BrooksyFC Wrote: Hey Guys

Played through Amnesia and currently going through Penumbra Overture. Loving these games a lot.

Any idea on what the next Frictional Title will be? Any rumours?

Spoiler: Black Plague is scarier.

[Image: TRcp2.png]
07-23-2011, 12:34 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(07-23-2011, 02:01 AM)hollowleviathan Wrote: Can you rephrase this? Normally I have no trouble understanding you but I can't really make out what you mean by this sentence.

Hmm...
I think, there are much people, who could find a good game with Amnesia, but if you advice them to try this game, they maybe could be uninterested.
Because if I advice you a good game, then you are automatically sceptical and if you see a first picture and the game does not fit into your notion, you did not want to try the game.

If I advice a game to Frictional Games and they believe, that it is not a good one for them, then they should not wonder, if some people have the same opinion by advice Amnesia.

07-23-2011, 08:24 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

(07-23-2011, 08:24 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Because if I advice you a good game, then you are automatically skeptical and if you see a first picture and the game does not fit into your notion, you did not want to try the game.

Is there anything wrong with this?
I.E. If I see a picture like this I automatically get mad.

07-24-2011, 04:10 AM
Website Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

(07-23-2011, 12:34 PM)Brennenburg Wrote: Spoiler: Black Plague is scarier.

Yeah I've seen the a picture of the monster in it, I'm not looking forward to it one bit. The dogs in Overture scare me enough.

Think A Little, Change A Lot
07-25-2011, 09:54 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Penumbra is better, because there are more puzzles and it is more difficult.
But both games, Penumbra & Amnesia, are very good. Penumbra is more a horror-adventure and Amnesia is only a pure horror game.
Every game has his own scareness.
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2011, 11:00 AM by Googolplex.)
07-25-2011, 10:59 AM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

(07-25-2011, 10:59 AM)Googolplex Wrote: Penumbra is better, because there are more puzzles and it is more difficult.

Totally agree with you there. The puzzles are challenging in some cases. Like making the explosives, the morse code or getting the generator working , it's fun going around, gathering things but staying alive at the same time. Gives the game the edge over Amnesia.

But like you said, Amnesia is just a horror game, not as many puzzles, but I guess its more survival based by making sure you don't go insane, balancing light and dark. But that's the challenge with Amnesia

07-25-2011, 03:59 PM
Find
Darkchef Offline

Threads: 8

(07-25-2011, 03:59 PM)BrooksyFC Wrote:
(07-25-2011, 10:59 AM)Googolplex Wrote: Penumbra is better, because there are more puzzles and it is more difficult.

Totally agree with you there. The puzzles are challenging in some cases. Like making the explosives, the morse code or getting the generator working , it's fun going around, gathering things but staying alive at the same time. Gives the game the edge over Amnesia.

But like you said, Amnesia is just a horror game, not as many puzzles, but I guess its more survival based by making sure you don't go insane, balancing light and dark. But that's the challenge with Amnesia

Black Plague was slightly better due to it being a bit longer and also due to the fact that the enemies were far more aggressive as well as the puzzles being a lot more difficult. Great game!

Bring on the next one ... I need something to play ...
07-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Website Find
Funman Offline

Threads: 10

I'm sorry, but I just cannot fathom that some of you people think Penumbra was better than Amnesia. I know it's just opinion, but I found Penumbra to be annoying and tedious, not to mention not scary at all.

I don't think I was actually scared at all in Overture, except for the first time I was attacked and killed by a dog, and even that wasn't very scary, it just made me jump. The rockworm part was kinda stressing, but not too bad. And also, everyone's always like, "I love Red, he was the best video game character in any game ever forever derp," but I just found him to be annoying and weird. The voice recording was low quality, and some of the things he said just kind of didn't make much sense. I wasn't attached to him at all, although I did almost feel emotion when you incinerated him and saw what he went through.

Black Plague was better by soooooo much. It was much scarier and just generally better.

I know that was very harsh, and I agree that Penumbra was awesome, but Amnesia was better in a span that words cannot describe.
07-26-2011, 12:26 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

(07-26-2011, 12:26 AM)Funman Wrote: I know it's just opinion,
Exactly.

(07-26-2011, 12:26 AM)Funman Wrote: The voice recording was low quality, and some of the things he said just kind of didn't make much sense.

He's talking to you either over a 50s radio, hence low quality. Also, very insane. Hence the nonsense.
07-26-2011, 02:26 AM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

I have to admit that I'm not too scared of Overture...yet. I've only just got past the coded gate, but being chased by that dog does get intense. I've seen some of black plague and it does look more scary, much darker atmosphere.

I think the sound quality is amazing and yeah the reason red sounds bad is cause it's from a radio from the 50's (good knows how long it's been down there) I do prefer Amnesia's atmosphere, the sounds effects are just amazing, get's very intense in places and overall my favourite horror game so far.

If you waiting for a new game, why not play some of the mod's. Some of them, in my opinion, are a lot scarier than the original game

07-26-2011, 09:51 AM
Find