Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Life of Servitude
SLAMnesia Offline

Threads: 39
Amnesia: A Life of Servitude

Hello there terror seekers!
I've been creating a custom story called A Life of Servitude and it relates to the Amnesia story but from a different perspective than Daniel. I'm afraid I'm not even 50% completed with my custom story, I work on it as a hobby and not very consistently.

Story: You, Rodion Borris, are a new and promising servant of Alexander; always willing to help with whatever you could and happy to help a man of such power. One night Alexander asks you to assist him in the forbidden parts of his estate, and takes you down his "ascending room" into the transept. He expects you to help torture innocent people for the vitae that Alexander needs for his portal (it might be the wrong term, I haven't played the story in a while but you know what I'm talking about). When you enter the first torture room you have an anxiety attack and flee in chaos- needing to tell the world about what Alexander is doing. But, his grunts hunt you down before you can escape and feed you the amnesia drink... Next thing you remember is you are face down in a cell. The rest is for you to experience.

The entire story listed above will be playable, much like the very beginning of The Dark Descent, you will be in a flashback and then tripping balls on amnesia drink for 15 seconds with full audio.

Progress: (I might make two parts of the story instead of one very long one, so I can release the first half and get people interested in the second before its release)
Story 100%
Level Design 30% (if I split the story into 2 parts its 60% incase you couldn't figure that out)
Script 80%
Finishing touches 40%
The CS folder is 15 MB of space to give you an idea of how full it is so far

One side note, I would like this story to have its own launcher much like the custom story Through the Portal with its own menu background. I do not know how to do that, anyone who can gimme a link to show me how or anything to help please do Smile
Sorry there aren't any screenshots :\ I'll try to post some
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2011, 12:23 AM by SLAMnesia.)
07-24-2011, 12:23 AM
Find
Dizturbed Offline

Threads: 39
RE: Amnesia: A Life of Servitude

Sounds interesting, I might try it when I get proper internet and can log on steam, lol.
But you should show some screenshot's when you're done with the level designing.

Im looking forward to it!
Good luck with the project!
-Dizturbed

07-24-2011, 12:27 AM
Find