Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Descriptions[Solved]
clock123 Offline

Threads: 18
Descriptions[Solved]

When I look at a certain item, I want a text to pop on the bottom screen,
and when you look away from the item, the text is gone and when you look back then you can see the text, I already setted up the descriptions in the Extra_english file, but they dont seem to work.,
they are like :

<CATEGORY Name="Descriptions">
<Entry Name="Acid1"> Test Test.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>

Anyone might know what's the problem?, Here's the extra_english just for case

Spoiler below!
<LANGUAGE>
<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_Mynote_Name">Room service</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Mynote_Text">Servant Albert If you read this, then There's no need for cleaning here, So I already maked it up for you, have a day free of the work, just remmber not to be foolish and not screw up anything when I'm not around, I already cleaned up this place from the mess It had, So dont worry about it, And while your on your way out, can you check the storage for me later?, I'll need a 1642 dried red wine for the guests which are going to arrive soon, after that, your free to go, from, Mr.Benotti.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Note1_Name">Stone Research[br] 6/11/1816.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Note1_Text">I got a letter from Mr.Roberts telling me I have to research some normal type of rocks, see they're chemical reaction, who will shatter more if been throwen at a wall, and such... I did not tell him why he need's this research, since he paid me ten thalers I dont really care, he told me I'll get more amount of thalers If I'll just do the research with no questions bothering him, I assume he want's to build something, I'm not sure what his planning.. I better just not ask, the rocks are Lime stone and Slate,. I'll be going tommorrow to the mountions and get five samples of each rock..., And I almost forgot.. Mr.Roberts told me that I should get a few samples of coal, test different things on them, such as how long they can stay burning to react, If they're usefull after burning them, and such things.. I'll ask Mr.Roberts why he needs this research for after I'll hand him the research papers.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Note2_Name">Stone Research, Day one [br] 6/12/1816.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Note2_Text">Today I have took two kinds of stone, ten samples and five samples of coal.. and I also found another thing.. I'm not quite sure what it is... It looks like some kind of... orb.. I can't describe, not sure If I should report it to Mr.Roberts or not... Maybe I'll just keep it for myself for couple of days., I'll start the research tommorrow.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Note3_Name">Stone Research , Day Two[br] 6/13/1816.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Note3_Text">I'm close to finishing the research about the lime stone and slate stone, same as for the coal., I also felt wierd all the day I found myself waking up with the orb hugged in my arms, I feel like... strange.. like it's giving me false energies.. But I assume it's just me having a bad sleep, I also had a nightmare, I saw myself waking in a hallway in the mansion, and suddenly I saw a monster with a larged mouth monster with a big sword like something attached to his arm Luckly it was just a dream, I hope something like that will never happen.. I almost had a heart attack... but It's just a dream, Now.. For the research [br]
I have found that the Limestone with its unique characteristics, subtle beauty and great versatility , is considered the most abundant chemical sedimentary rock. [b]
is a fine grained metamorphic stone formed from clay mud; composed of sediments
of decomposed stone and organic matter that has been hardened by heat and pressure.
Since the geological process varies greatly, slates range quite a bit in hardness and porosity. And for the Slate with its natural colors, varied multicolored patterns and textures that provide this stone
[br]
As for the Coal, I have found that it's a combustible, meaning it's flamable, it's a black or brown-black sedimentary rock, normally occuring in layers or veins called coal beds or coal seams. Full extendsion about the stones and the coal are on the papers on my table, since I'm running out of place on this one</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Note4_Name">Terrible day, Terrible weekend, Terrible Month</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Note4_Text">I dont know what's happening, or what's wrong, since ever I took that orb, It's like it got connected to me I am hunderd percent sure it's giving me false energies.., for example, yesterday, I spilled some highly active acid, but I woulden't spill it just like that, I felt like something controlled me, and at the same day, I sent My servant. Albert to clean the floor and when he got out from the room his finger was off the place, Last week, I started hearing voices at the main hallway, like a girl crying , but none was there, probably my own illusion, before that, I went out to get some food for the dinner, and while on my way back to the mansion, I almost got robbed by three bandits, Luckly I escaped but they still got me well enough to make me enough pain, they shot me with an arrow in my left shoudler, luckly they didnt hit my head with the arrow, After finally I got back to the mansion, Ms.Tranbloom cleaned the wound, she didnt make the pain vanish, she only made it hurt less and so It wont get infected with bacteria and viruses., who knows what kind of things are spreading in the air? .</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Note7_Name">Servant Bob</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Note7_Text">The food was delicious, After your done, can you please take the dishes and wash them?, Again, thanks, From, Mr.Benotti.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Inventory">
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_Key1">Mr.Benotti's Room Key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_Key1">A Key for Mr.Benotti's Room.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Descriptions">
<Entry Name="Acid1">Look's like someone spilled some acid here and made a big mess.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Blood1">Look's like someone got his finger cut off, Probably because of the acid?.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Carpet1">This carpet looks pretty tight.. like it's made from wood.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>

Thanks for helpers.
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2011, 07:04 PM by clock123.)
07-25-2011, 07:30 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: Descriptions

Did you write any scripting for this event to occur?

07-25-2011, 08:09 AM
Website Find
clock123 Offline

Nope, I have to write script for it?, If so. what is it?
07-25-2011, 10:34 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

You don't need to script it. Use the Sign area type. You'll still need to add a category and an entry in your lang file, which you'll have to declare in your sign area's properties.

07-25-2011, 10:55 AM
Find
clock123 Offline

Can you write it for me?, I dont really understand what to write there.
07-25-2011, 12:12 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

Just the way you wrote in the first post works. In the area's properties, put Descriptions in the TextCat field, and Acid1 in the TextEntry field. Voila Smile

07-25-2011, 12:53 PM
Find
clock123 Offline

I dont know scripting, I still dont get it.
07-25-2011, 01:05 PM
Find
clock123 Offline

Please someone answer!! Help!! how do I make the descriptions appear?
07-25-2011, 05:31 PM
Find
JoeBradleyUK Offline

Threads: 20

Place a sign area In your level editor, this will be where the message appears when you look at it. In the fields of the sign area to the right when you have the sign area selected put the text entry in the text entry field. The text entry is what you called it in your .Lang file.

For instance, one of yours could be Acid1.

Then fill in the text cat field. This is the category you named in your .Lang file. In this case yours is Descriptions. It should work now, if you understood correctly.Undecided

:Work In Progress:
Insanity
07-25-2011, 06:17 PM
Find
clock123 Offline

IT WORKS WORKS! thanks?!
07-25-2011, 07:04 PM
Find