Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
.hps Not activating!!
ObsidianLegion Offline

Threads: 53
.hps Not activating!!

Arggh! Angry This is typical. The day I try to release a demo. Crap happens!!

So, long story short, I try to make .hps files for my maps and they don't work! What I do is, make a .txt file then turn it into a .hps and write in it with notepad ++ and it fails to even try to work. None of the scripting works. Or even if it's wrong it won't pop up with error messages.

Do I need to link the .hps with the map? Or is everything just playing up something chronic -.-

Also, this .lang file doesn't work.
Spoiler below!

<LANGUAGE>
    <RESOURCES>

</RESOURCES>
<CATEGORY Name= "CustomStoryMain">
        <Entry Name= "Description"> You wake up in a very eerie cellar. Your name is Jackson, after a veteran of war. [br]Just remember to check everywhere. Even the cupboards. [br][br]This is only the beginning of your nightmare...... </Entry>

</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name- "Ending">
        <Entry Name= "MainCredits"> Dark Salvation: The Unspoken Words Part 1 Demo[br][br][br]Hallowed Games:[br]Lolnesia090 (Jackson Latham), Kendrew Handforth & Matthew Underwood[br][br]Level Creators:[br]Jackson Latham & Matthew Underwood[br][br]Scriptors:[br]Jackson Latham & Kendrew Handforth [br][br][br]Special Thanks To: Frictional Games Forum members:[br]HumiliatioN[br]nemesis567[br]ferryadams11[br]Tanshaydar[br]plutomaniac[br]Thanks for all the general game help and scriting! </Entry>

</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name= "Journal">
        <Entry Name= "Note_Note01_Name"> Note Of Death </Entry>
        <Entry Name= "Note_Note01_Text"> Don't be alarmed. I died for the better. I guess, since you are reading this, you are in a bad predicament. All you need to do is : go and find the source of the Unspoken Words. There you will find something of use; I'm not sure of what it is. Or what it does. All I know is that you need it. You may find diary entries scattered around the place from me. My name is James and in reading the entries I've scattered; you will know what to do. Now go. Whatever you do.........Don't die. </Entry>
        <Entry Name= "Note_Note02_Name"> Diary Entry 1- Step One </Entry>
        <Entry Name= "Note_Note02_Text"> For the unlucky someone reading this: [br] [br] Take the key I have laid next to this note and unlock a certain door with it. I can't remember which one as my memory fails me. All I can say is check all locked doors. [br] [br] Sorry for any inconvenience and best of luck. [br] [br] James </Entry>
        <Entry Name= "Note_Note03_Name"> Congratulations </Entry>
        <Entry Name= "Note_Note03_Text"> Since you are reading this note, I highly doudbt you are dead. [br]Now go through the door and into the main mansion area. [br]You may just find an exit to this place..... </Entry>
        <Entry Name= "Note_Note04_Name"> Supplies </Entry>
        <Entry Name= "Note_Note04_Text"> To whom this concerns:[br][br]Take these supplies if you don't want to go insane. There's something more to the darkness around here. [br][br]If you want to know who wrote this letter, go through the door between the big barrels.[br][br]Sincerely,[br]The only friend you have in this hellhole </Entry>
        <Entry Name= "Note_Note05_Name"> A Quick Heads Up </Entry>
        <Entry Name= "Note_Note05_Text"> I just thought I'd tell you, [br]It's all over for you. </Entry>

</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name= "Inventory">
        <Entry Name= "ItemName_bigroomdoorkey_01"> a Key </Entry>
        <Entry Name= "ItemDesc_bigroomdoorkey_01"> If this James guy is right, I need this key for a certain, imperative door. </Entry>

</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name= "M">
        <Entry Name= "v1"> I need to get out of here! Why am I here anyway? </Entry>
        <Entry Name= "v2"> Wha.......What was that thing?! Was that natural? </Entry>

</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name= "LoadingText">
        <Entry Name= "Cellar"> Why have you come here? Never again you shall live a sane life........ </Entry>
        <Entry Name= "Castlebase"> Never again shall he commit such sins. He didn't even expect to vicim to die. After all, it was only a practical joke....... </Entry>
        <Entry Name= "MansionBaseDemo"> As he stood in the rain, staring at the people with their free lives, he thought that he was to blame. </Entry>

</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name= "Levels">
        <Entry Name= "level1"> Underpass </Entry>
        <Entry Name "level2"> Dorm Area 1 </Entry>  

</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>

(The .lang above is in spoiler for those who don't want to spoil the games thrill by reading what the notes are going to say etc.)
It's like I'm running in circles with it -.-

"Good men mean well; they just don't always end up doing well." -Isaac Clarke, Dead Space 2, Chapter 12
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2011, 08:59 PM by ObsidianLegion.)
07-25-2011, 08:56 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: .hps Not activating!!

.hps and .map files should have same name, like
example.hps
example.map

07-25-2011, 08:59 PM
Website Find
ObsidianLegion Offline

(07-25-2011, 08:59 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: .hps and .map files should have same name, like
example.hps
example.map

Like if my map is called Cellar.map then it should be Cellar.hps?

Yup, that checks out.

"Good men mean well; they just don't always end up doing well." -Isaac Clarke, Dead Space 2, Chapter 12
07-25-2011, 09:01 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

(07-25-2011, 09:01 PM)Lolnesia09 Wrote: Like if my map is called Cellar.map then it should be Cellar.hps?

Exactly.

07-25-2011, 09:02 PM
Website Find
ObsidianLegion Offline

(07-25-2011, 09:02 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote:
(07-25-2011, 09:01 PM)Lolnesia09 Wrote: Like if my map is called Cellar.map then it should be Cellar.hps?

Exactly.

I've done that :/

07-25-2011, 09:03 PM
Find
JoeBradleyUK Offline

Threads: 20

There's an error in the .lang on the category ending, you put a <CATEGORY Name- "Ending"> I think it should be <CATEGORY Name= "Ending">

:Work In Progress:
Insanity
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2011, 09:07 PM by JoeBradleyUK.)
07-25-2011, 09:04 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

(07-25-2011, 09:03 PM)Lolnesia09 Wrote: I've done that :/

Make sure Windows doesn't make it like Cellar.hps.txt and if it doesn't, please send your .hps file.

07-25-2011, 09:06 PM
Website Find
ObsidianLegion Offline

(07-25-2011, 09:06 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote:
(07-25-2011, 09:03 PM)Lolnesia09 Wrote: I've done that :/

Make sure Windows doesn't make it like Cellar.hps.txt and if it doesn't, please send your .hps file.

It doesn't. Send you the file my email, pm, or code it on this?
Quote:There's an error on the category ending, you put a - instead of =

Thanks, man. I'm not very perceptive xD I hate these files. one little mistake, it all goes wrong and it doesn't show you whats wrong with it -.-

07-25-2011, 09:08 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Copy and paste them here.

07-26-2011, 04:56 AM
Website Find
ObsidianLegion Offline

(07-26-2011, 04:56 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: Copy and paste them here.
Well, there are two of them -.-

Cellar
////////////////////////////
//Run when entering map
void OnStart()
{
AddEntityCollideCallBack("Player", "deathroominsanity", "CollideInsanity", true, 1);
}

void CollideInsanity(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
GiveSanityDamage(20, true);
}

//Run when entering map
void OnEnter()

{
SetPlayerLampOil(20);
SetPlayerSanity(50);
}

//Run when leaving map
void OnLeave()

{
SetupLoadScreen("LoadingText", "CastleBase", 1, "");
}

And there's my ending to the demo here:
////////////////////////
//Run when entering map
void OnStart()
{
}

//Run when entering map
void OnEnter()
{
}

//Run when leaving map
void OnLeave()
{

StartCredits("29_amb_loop.snt", true, "Ending", "MainCredits", 1);

}

Thanks for the support by the way (:

07-26-2011, 12:50 PM
Find