Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
SOLID SACRIFICE CHAPTER 1 released
Timmy Offline

Threads: 1
SOLID SACRIFICE CHAPTER 1 released

Heyo!

Have a go at my custom story "Solid Sacrifice" and like always let me know of any bugs, errors, suggestions, whatever that you can think of.

This is my first release but I'm definetly planning on continuing this storyline with chapter 2.

There are 3 different maps in total, the second one "western hallway" was the first map that I made and I think it shows.. Wink

http://www.mediafire.com/?e658eznfg768cpk

Haven't really gotten into any custom modeling and such, there's only one new track that a friend made for me.
07-26-2011, 10:17 AM
Find
sjr12 Offline

RE: SOLID SACRIFICE CHAPTER 1 released

Downloading it now. I'll test it out and post my playthrough on my youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/sjr12).
07-26-2011, 11:15 AM
Find
Tenno Offline

Threads: 0

WOW! I was certainly not expecting a custom story this damn good Big Grin

The design of the castle was breathtaking, each area was fresh and believable and the atmosphere in it was equally as excellent. The scares, oh my god, they were so chilling. I won't spoil any of them for the other players who shall witness this beauty after me, but they are great! Its already one of my favorite custom stories and it still has a chapter 2 coming out, EPIC! Big Grin

You sir are a genius, a true genius! Big Grin

[Image: 29069he.gif]
07-26-2011, 12:25 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

Holy shit man! You are most unique story I have ever seened.

I know you are finnish peoples like I am. But have to say "Atmosphere terrifying and horrible, scary to play. Jumped maybe eight times.

Everything was excellent scripted and that Wine Cellar most beautifully created I can tell.

Wonderful job man! Make Chapter 2 already, liked that last scene I jizzed my pants there. Wink

“Life is a game, play it”
07-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

Holy crap you guys got me exited. ILL PLAY IT RIGHT AWAY !
07-26-2011, 01:23 PM
Website Find
Timmy Offline

Thanks a lot for the positive reviews guys, this makes me feel real good Smile I was afraid I made things too typical or simple but thats what you get from testing your own map about 300 times!

Remember, if anything seemed odd or out of place let me know!
07-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10

For a custom story that actually has your obvious first test.map inside the folder, I was pleasantly surprised.

One part actually got me tense and the last event caught me offguard, which is quite nice for I've been numbed by playing a lot of custom stories.

Actually when I begun playing I had an early crash that almost made me forget this story. But when checking your script file I noticed:
"you are finnish peoples like I am."
So I gave it another try...

The western hallway is quite bland in design and lighting, but continuing to the wine cellar shows real improvement. Some places lacked welders and looked empty, but those didn't really bother.

(07-26-2011, 12:46 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote: Holy shit man! You are most unique story I have ever seened.
I have to disagree with the unique part ^^
Another amnesia prisoner beginning. Also I have no idea about the actual storyline, but I assume next chapters will take care of that?

Events were very nicely made with simple scripting, but I have to say I didn't like the few times when I was forced to stay still and look at something for a second or so. I think if something is going on around the player he will most likely look at it or just run away = (mission accomplished).

(07-26-2011, 01:40 PM)Timmy Wrote: I was afraid I made things too typical or simple but thats what you get from testing your own map about 300 times!
I suggest getting beta testers for future releases! Gives you new insights and stuff...

Waiting eagerly for chapter 2!

07-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

Where are the damn keys for the eastern wing and the wine cellar :O I must have been looking through every room for like 5 mins and didnt find anything.
07-26-2011, 02:09 PM
Website Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10

(07-26-2011, 02:09 PM)skypeskype Wrote: Where are the damn keys for the eastern wing and the wine cellar :O I must have been looking through every room for like 5 mins and didnt find anything.
Spoiler below!
Letter Hard Work has this tip inside wink wink!

If only I had wine.. but that cursed artist Graham Hill has hidden
the key to the wine storage again! He says it's for my "own good" Bah! I know it's somewhere in his room but he's always there. And wine is what I need now, things just ain't right here any more since those so called priests arrived..

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2011, 02:24 PM by Khyrpa.)
07-26-2011, 02:23 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Hmmm, it was fun to play, not a ten minutes of crap. Really, I liked it.
I hope you will go on increasing quality and give it a good storyline. I'd want to play it Smile

07-26-2011, 02:55 PM
Website Find