Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
SOLID SACRIFICE CHAPTER 1 released
Timmy Offline

Threads: 1
RE: SOLID SACRIFICE CHAPTER 1 released

(07-26-2011, 02:03 PM)Khyrpa Wrote: For a custom story that actually has your obvious first test.map inside the folder, I was pleasantly surprised.

One part actually got me tense and the last event caught me offguard, which is quite nice for I've been numbed by playing a lot of custom stories.

Actually when I begun playing I had an early crash that almost made me forget this story. But when checking your script file I noticed:
"you are finnish peoples like I am."
So I gave it another try...

The western hallway is quite bland in design and lighting, but continuing to the wine cellar shows real improvement. Some places lacked welders and looked empty, but those didn't really bother.

(07-26-2011, 12:46 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote: Holy shit man! You are most unique story I have ever seened.
I have to disagree with the unique part ^^
Another amnesia prisoner beginning. Also I have no idea about the actual storyline, but I assume next chapters will take care of that?

Events were very nicely made with simple scripting, but I have to say I didn't like the few times when I was forced to stay still and look at something for a second or so. I think if something is going on around the player he will most likely look at it or just run away = (mission accomplished).

(07-26-2011, 01:40 PM)Timmy Wrote: I was afraid I made things too typical or simple but thats what you get from testing your own map about 300 times!
I suggest getting beta testers for future releases! Gives you new insights and stuff...

Waiting eagerly for chapter 2!

Thank you, you actually brought out lot of things I was wondering about myself. I'll definetly try to vary things in the next chapter, meaning no more forced look. I guess I'm just too vain so I want people to see my events Wink

Did the error you mention occur again?
07-26-2011, 03:49 PM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10

(07-26-2011, 03:49 PM)Timmy Wrote: Did the error you mention occur again?

Sorry to mislead you, it was just my comp failing. Nothing about amnesia or your map to be exact!

07-26-2011, 04:01 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

The artist room is not very unique because I cant find it honestly. I see 2-3 rooms with paintings, checked them all three times and the rest of the place until I got stuck thinking you placed the key behind some stuff.

I think the second map is a bit to big.
07-26-2011, 04:24 PM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

(07-26-2011, 02:23 PM)Khyrpa Wrote:
(07-26-2011, 02:09 PM)skypeskype Wrote: Where are the damn keys for the eastern wing and the wine cellar :O I must have been looking through every room for like 5 mins and didnt find anything.
Spoiler below!
Letter Hard Work has this tip inside wink wink!

If only I had wine.. but that cursed artist Graham Hill has hidden
the key to the wine storage again! He says it's for my "own good" Bah! I know it's somewhere in his room but he's always there. And wine is what I need now, things just ain't right here any more since those so called priests arrived..

Spoiler below!
I know that but where IS his room ?
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2011, 05:06 PM by skypeskype.)
07-26-2011, 05:05 PM
Website Find
Biohazard Offline

Threads: 0

The Brute that spawned, when I picked up the Artist's key, got stuck in a wall. I think you should look into it.

What a great Custom story nonetheless, one of the best I've ever played!

Spoiler below!
I wasn't expecting that East Wing Grunt Smile
07-26-2011, 06:48 PM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

skypeskype
Quote:
Spoiler below!
I know that but where IS his room ?

Spoiler below!

room, where portrait painted by a woman
key on the shelf

==================
yes, love the wine cellar, there"s something new scares, and looks interesting.
07-26-2011, 07:54 PM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

Heh, thanks but I already found it. Wasnt in my exploring mood today.

Well, it's a preety damn good custom story but apart from the great level design and good atmosphere, nothing new. I really liked the water monster chase and really didnt expect the last event. The item placing was good too. I kinda hoped for some unique puzzles not only keys. Also, the story wasnt explained so well but you will cover that up in chapter 2. Can't wait to play that one too.
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2011, 09:45 AM by skypeskype.)
07-26-2011, 08:25 PM
Website Find
Timmy Offline

(07-26-2011, 06:48 PM)Biohazard Wrote: The Brute that spawned, when I picked up the Artist's key, got stuck in a wall. I think you should look into it.

What a great Custom story nonetheless, one of the best I've ever played!

Spoiler below!
I wasn't expecting that East Wing Grunt Smile

Oh that guy, yea he likes to drink on the job. I'd replace him but he's got a great face for the job!

(I'll double his patrol nodes)
07-26-2011, 08:44 PM
Find
sjr12 Offline

So far, I haven't encountered any bugs or problems except for a funny little scene that occurred in the prison you begin in. I walked over and tried to pick up the cot laying on the ground and I guess that triggered the cell door to spasm and attach itself to the adjoining wall, lol.

So far, the story is interesting and I'm eager to finish recording my playthrough. Smile
07-26-2011, 11:46 PM
Find
Mosnye Offline

Threads: 3

'Holy shit balls' were my words at the end! Best custom map I have ever played!!!

[Image: a.jpg]
07-27-2011, 01:44 AM
Website Find