Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Work in progress Victim: Teaser trailer released
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
Victim: Teaser trailer released

With the (impending) release of One Light in the Darkness, I'll be building a new (possibly FC) mod that will be much different than most Amnesia: TDD custom stories.

Teaser trailer available!

A young man awakens to find himself in the confines of a well-furnished room, disoriented and weak, with nothing to greet him but the weak patter of the rain and the distant thunder. He is locked in, with only a faint candle to read the scattered excerpts and strange books around him.

Victim will be a seamless single-map mod with a focus on extremely dynamic and interactive gameplay, a wealth of side-stories and puzzles, multiple endings, including special features such as:

Hyperinteractivity: Try it. You might surprise yourself....
Dynamic gameplay: Multiple solution puzzles, multi-step puzzles
Phasing level: Your surroundings will change following the development of plot.

Here are some potential features that may also see use in Victim:

Dynamic weather & ambience: The weather will shift and change

Victim is in very early alpha stages, with little more than layouts and plot-line drafts being made at this time. It will most likely be a full conversion so I may change features of gameplay. One can expect severe consequences for things they may normally find easy to cope with in "regular" Amnesia. There are no screenshots I would like to make available for viewing at this point, but at the bottom of this post you'll find a link to a very in-depth commentary by me on the subject of this project.

At this point I would like to invite you to share your thoughts. If enough interest is shown I'll continue with the project.

- Would a single-map level in which the vast majority of the story takes place be an attractive option to spend your time playing?

- What are some more features that would make this a more interesting experience for you as an Amnesia player?

To read my in-depth review and commentary on this new project and my inspiration & goals, click here.

UPDATE LIST:

[8/1/11]

- Being put on hold so I may focus on my work with other projects.

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2011, 10:12 PM by palistov.)
07-29-2011, 11:52 AM
Find
Seuchensoldat Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Victim

Something new from mrpalistov is always a good thing! Sounds very interesting!

- As you wrote in your blog a single map would make the whole experience more creepier. Knowing there is no safe level transition door will make the players feel more uncomfortable. I like the idea.

- You also wrote that you want to make the custom story "hyperinteractive". Sounds great. I would like to see this in a custom story. You can do so much things with scripting in the HPL2 engine.. You are able to do it, I'm sure, your piano and door key puzzle videos are proof enough!
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2011, 01:52 PM by Seuchensoldat.)
07-29-2011, 01:49 PM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

Indeed, making it a custom story is a 'clean' option, enabling people to clear out the contents from their folders with ease. However, I intend to modify core parts of the game mechanics, such as move speed acceleration, sanity drain rates, lantern oil drain rates, and more. Those can only be modified by making a full conversion, as doing so allows modification to many things that user-end scripting simply can't do easily (or perhaps at all).

07-29-2011, 03:28 PM
Find
Seuchensoldat Offline

Threads: 3

Ah sorry, of course I realized that you do it as a total conversion. I just always say "custom story" if there is any Amnesia related in the works. Smile

Those differences to the original game are nice, leaving an experienced Amnesia player at a state which doesn't allow them to use their knowledge of the engine. Hopefully you use the possibilities of a total conversion as I have not seen the things you mentioned in a custom story (or a total conversion Wink).
07-29-2011, 04:18 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Victim: Teaser trailer released

(07-29-2011, 11:52 AM)palistov Wrote: Dynamic weather & ambience: The weather will shift and change
Dynamic, eh? I could see how it could be done, but i think it would be more interesting if it were based on user events (like how i'm going to be doing it). Truly dynamic weather is more for games that have the user spend their time mostly outside.

Quote:Would a single-map level in which the vast majority of the story takes place be an attractive option to spend your time playing?
For me it would depend on the story and size of the map. Personally, i'm more interested in seeing how the stages would warp based on my progress.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
07-30-2011, 08:19 PM
Website Find