Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Announcement Final demo release: Dark Salvation
ObsidianLegion Offline

Threads: 53
Final demo release: Dark Salvation

Right. Since I have NO answers to my problems I've now decided to release the demo.

http://www.mediafire.com/?l143u2r9lwb2p8l

Enjoy

This may seem very rubbish. Considering the deadline I gave myself. It's all I could do. Sorry about that.

I promise that the full version will be better.

It will have allsorts. Ranging from 20+ enhanced levels to a full conversion. The full game WILL be better. I assure you.

PEACE!!

"Good men mean well; they just don't always end up doing well." -Isaac Clarke, Dead Space 2, Chapter 12
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2011, 08:34 PM by ObsidianLegion.)
07-27-2011, 08:29 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
RE: Final demo release: Dark Salvation

Well a zombie didn't have any pathnodes or their not working.
Spoiler below!
Took me awhile to figure out that it was a poofer

Make the rooms/hallways smaller.

I ran into a problem with trying to load the next map. I'm not sure if that was your intention to have it crash on me or you just didn't put it in yet.

I hope to see yourself complete this project and release it.

btw that Cabinet is evil, the one situated between the hallway and theirs that backspace behind it. Barely managed to escape from that deathly prison when I glitched over it.

07-27-2011, 09:54 PM
Find
ObsidianLegion Offline

(07-27-2011, 09:54 PM)Rapture Wrote: Well a zombie didn't have any pathnodes or their not working.
Spoiler below!

I ran into a problem with trying to load the next map. I'm not sure if that was your intention to have it crash on me or you just didn't put it in yet.

btw that Cabinet is evil, the one situated between the hallway and theirs that backspace behind it. Barely managed to escape from that deathly prison when I glitched over it.

No, mate. I WAS going to have my end credits there but I had an unsolved .hps problem Angry

Do you like it?

"Good men mean well; they just don't always end up doing well." -Isaac Clarke, Dead Space 2, Chapter 12
07-27-2011, 10:04 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

(07-27-2011, 10:04 PM)Lolnesia09 Wrote:
(07-27-2011, 09:54 PM)Rapture Wrote: Well a zombie didn't have any pathnodes or their not working.
Spoiler below!

No, mate. I WAS going to have my end credits there but I had an unsolved .hps problem Angry

Do you like it?

This was umm... not very good. That zombie don't have any pathnodes and design was stupid some points and there is no entities lot founded few them. But it was good try. But you need to improve more and add cool scare scripts and keep that atmosphere better, more good designed lighting perhaps.

It was ok. I've seen worse Smile

“Life is a game, play it”
07-28-2011, 01:36 AM
Find
ObsidianLegion Offline

Quote:This was umm... not very good. That zombie don't have any pathnodes and design was stupid some points and there is no entities lot founded few them. But it was good try. But you need to improve more and add cool scare scripts and keep that atmosphere better, more good designed lighting perhaps.

:S Okay then. It IS my first custom. And i DID give you a little warning, telling you about how shabby it would be. Sorry :/

07-28-2011, 03:09 PM
Find
convolution223 Offline

Threads: 15

(07-28-2011, 01:36 AM)HumiliatioN Wrote:
Spoiler below!

Do you like it?

This was umm... not very good. That zombie don't have any pathnodes and design was stupid some points and there is no entities lot founded few them. But it was good try. But you need to improve more and add cool scare scripts and keep that atmosphere better, more good designed lighting perhaps.

Does every enemy need to have pathnodes to be interesting? I haven't played the demo but in my custom story I had planned to have one enemy in particular not have pathnodes, but spawn him in random areas when the player died. what you say?
07-29-2011, 08:45 AM
Find
ObsidianLegion Offline

(07-29-2011, 08:45 AM)convolution223 Wrote:
(07-28-2011, 01:36 AM)HumiliatioN Wrote:
Spoiler below!

Do you like it?

Does every enemy need to have pathnodes to be interesting? I haven't played the demo but in my custom story I had planned to have one enemy in particular not have pathnodes, but spawn him in random areas when the player died. what you say?

It doesn't need to have pathnodes. But it does make it better for when you want the enemy to patrol a certain area. Then Dissapear. Just to scare people (;

07-29-2011, 11:06 AM
Find
Ongka Offline

Threads: 3

You have to use pathnodes so the monster wont get stuck...
This happens very often if you don't use them.

[Image: 18694.png]
07-29-2011, 11:11 AM
Find