Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.9 Average
Work in progress [Voice Actors Wanted] A night left unmentioned...
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
[Voice Actors Wanted] A night left unmentioned...

My current "masterpiece." Tongue Aiming to set a standard for innovation, i'm trying to go all out with my custom story, attempting to avoid cheap scares, rushed stories, and anything else that makes a game feel of low production quality. I'm hoping to make a story that lasts at least 3 hours of gameplay; however, not even Justine was that long.

Here's a little "teaser" (if you will) of what's to come! (Everything shown in the video is scripted in game (no video editing done).)

Screenshots:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/yourcompute...=imagewall

Note: nothing shown here is final. Things are bound to change as the production continues, even the name of the story. Also, there will be no demo.

Voice actor needed:
About two male actors and one female actress.
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2013, 04:08 PM by Your Computer.)
07-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Website Find
AlexxShadenk777 Offline

Threads: 5
RE: A night left unmentioned...

This sounds and looks like an ambitious project. Go and do it hard, man.
07-27-2011, 08:59 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Really good video that made me excited for this.
Level designs are looking good.
If this has a good story and less monsters, then it'll likely be a great experience. How far you advanced in total development? I mean, do we need to wait for 6 months Tongue

07-27-2011, 09:06 PM
Website Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(07-27-2011, 09:06 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: If this has a good story and less monsters, then it'll likely be a great experience. How far you advanced in total development? I mean, do we need to wait for 6 months Tongue
Maybe a year. Tongue Who knows. That level alone is taking a few days to complete (scripting, design, testing, et cetera). I have so many ideas, and am getting inspiration left and right. I'd have one plan, then a few hours later, what i didn't want the player to be doing the player is now actually able to do it, and it has made the story progress much better. That's really the only level i have yet; started the project a couple of days ago.

I plan on taking the tension-building method for Amnesia when it comes to scaring people, similar to what the original story does. Not necessarily predictable and not necessarily in-your-face. The monsters will be there, but they won't be randomly placed, nor will you see them early on. I also plan on making things intuitive and user-friendly with the story.
07-27-2011, 09:23 PM
Website Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Sounds fair. However I'd recommend to decide everything and make a general plan, or it'll take a year like mine.

07-27-2011, 09:29 PM
Website Find
RikeuAmeva Offline

Threads: 0

I am so excited for this, the video was amazing =]
07-28-2011, 05:34 AM
Find
Tenno Offline

(07-27-2011, 08:54 PM)Your Computer Wrote: attempting to avoid cheap scares, rushed stories, and anything else that makes a game feel of low production quality. I'm hoping to make a story that lasts at least 3 hours of gameplay; however, not even Justine was that long.

Thank you! 3 hours of gameplay, impressive. Sounds like its going to be a seriously long project though, good luck with it, the trailer is looking beast! Big Grin

[Image: 29069he.gif]
07-28-2011, 09:42 AM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

Awesome video. But I hope we dont have to wait 1 year for 3 hours of gameplay xD
07-28-2011, 10:12 AM
Website Find
Ghostflame Offline

Holy mother of Moses this looks badass. Considering the results of that 'teaser', I'm guessing your skill in scripting is something to boast about. I eagerly await more posts and updates for this project. And also, best of luck to you, this certainly looks grand.
07-28-2011, 11:45 AM
Find
Henriksen Offline

Threads: 71

(07-27-2011, 08:54 PM)Your Computer Wrote: My current "masterpiece." Tongue Aiming to set a standard for innovation, i'm trying to go all out with my custom story, attempting to avoid cheap scares, rushed stories, and anything else that makes a game feel of low production quality. I'm hoping to make a story that lasts at least 3 hours of gameplay; however, not even Justine was that long.

Here's a little "teaser" (if you will) of what's to come! (Everything shown in the video is scripted in game (no video editing done).)

Note: nothing shown here is final. Things are bound to change as the production continues, even the name of the story. Also, there will be no demo.

Im looking forward to this one Smile

EDIT: How did you do the cool camera flying thingy??? o.O
That was kinda orgasmic Tongue
07-29-2011, 02:23 AM
Find